Random thought thread!

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain

Look at them, they come to this place when they know they are not pure. Tenno use the keys, but they are mere trespassers. Only I, Vor, know the true power of the Void. I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn. We cannot blame these creatures, they are being led by a false prophet, an impostor who knows not the secrets of the Void. Behold the Tenno, come to scavenge and desecrate this sacred realm. My brothers, did I not tell of this day? Did I not prophesize this moment? Now, I will stop them. Now I am changed, reborn through the energy of the Janus Key. Forever bound to the Void. Let it be known, if the Tenno want true salvation, they will lay down their arms, and wait for the baptism of my Janus key. It is time. I will teach these trespassers the redemptive power of my Janus key. They will learn its simple truth. The Tenno are lost, and they will resist. But I, Vor, will cleanse this place of their impurity.

Yeah, I’ve been playing A LOT of Warframe lately.

There was a yellow slushy inside wasn’t there?

I wasn’t sure if this was a happening-in-space post or one to go here, but I just read an article on the Coriolis effect in rotating space habitats, and I finally have a good understanding of how and why the trajectories of thrown objects vary.

I came across that article in the course of research for a location for the sci-fi tabletop RPG I’ve been working on. The upshot is that on a large spinning habitat (on the order of r=50km), the Coriolis effect doesn’t come into play for most everyday effects, might affect (for instance) a thrown baseball, and plays utter havoc with the trajectory of a bullet.

A pressure washer is an immensely satisfying device. Instant gratification. Relaxing.

Phrasing.

Dude. Florida.

My old Lumia was a nice size. New phones are too big IMO.

For some reason phone makers think huge and impossibly thin are desirable. I would rather have small and thick enough to feel solid and not empty in half a day.

This falls under the category of small pleasures, I realize that, but I was just watching some MST3K and it’s one of those shows that I can’t skip the opening credits and song. Partly because the song is so damn catchy, but it’s also got one of my favorite single lines:

"… but his bosses didn’t like him and they shot him into space."

Honestly I guess I am past the point where this bit cracks me up but I do still get a little smile each time I hear it, it just amuses me so much.

Last night, I fell asleep on the couch with the TV on. I had a dream I was robbing a bank with some of the biggest idiots as part of my crew, waking with the desire to tell them off because we were bound to get caught. I’m curious what was playing last night.

Crime doesn’t pay, kids. Especially if your fellow criminals are really stupid.

It’s been years since I’ve woken up remembering a dream. :( Dunno why.

Baby Driver?

That … would actually make sense!

I just had a chocolate fudge pop-tart for the first time in probably a decade, if not longer. I toasted it and it was DELICIOUS.

I was lost, and now am found, t’was blind but now I see. I will not forsake you again for so long, my artificially flavored, filled with preservatives, flat rectangle of chocolatey heaven!

Anything made with Nutella does this to me.

Nutella poptart anyone?

Or banana Nutella quesadillas?

My favorite is non-frosted blueberry poptarts. I have craved these for so long. Every time I went to the store they only have frosted. Yuch.

So today I did a search. I can get a box of 12 on Amazon for $32. Ouch. I don’t think that would be good for me!

Cant you make em yourself?

I wonder why she didn’t see it coming:

She did, that’s why she took all the money out of the drawer beforehand.

Man, I hate third-rate Ziploc technology that never seals right.