Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - Now you're thinking with rifts

I’d agree, except that Miles Morales was incredible. Too short, but oh so sweet.

37 minutes left until unlock! And another patch just downloaded.

No on tried this yet? I’m stuck out of town away from my PS5 so have been unable to try yet.

Played about an hour this morning and it’s great so far. It’s more Ratchet and Clank so if you like that you’ll love this. If you’re looking for some new innovations this isn’t really that. The new portal gimmick is mostly just that, a gimmick so manage your expectations accordingly. I last played one of these on the PS3 so this is really hitting a sweet spot for me but I could see if you’re burned out on these games this won’t change your mind. Oh and it’s freaking gorgeous. Were talking playable Pixar movie territory. I guess cutscenes are a thing of the past, now it’s just game engine you watch and game engine you play.

Yeah I snuck 40 minutes or so in, it’s looks and sounds amazing. They do some interesting trigger stuff like Returnal did, though a bit different. Seems real good so far but super early.

I played for about an hour. Looks great. Plays like R&C. I got a hard lock when I accidentally fell to my death. Had to unplug my PS5 and reboot. :(

Soooo shiny.

I spent a couple of hours playing this last night. I did choose Performance RT mode after watching the most recent Digital Foundry video that discussed the trade offs. They seem to be pretty definitively worth it. And it does, in fact look incredible. Visually stunning, one could even say. If one were an animal.

In digging through the settings I was surprised to see that there was not only a “headphones” audio setting, but one specifically for the Sony Pulse 3D headphones. I have those, so I picked it, but I have no idea what it adds. On some level it tickles me that the in house Sony studio developed audio specifically for the headphones I have. On the other hand, that’s some Apple level walled garden stuff 😂

Gameplay seems pretty much the same as it ever was. Which I’m all in on. The weapons seem fun so far. I preordered so I started with the Pixelizer but I find I mostly use the pistol in rapid fire mode while strafing. It works for me. The adaptive trigger stuff seems a lot more subtle to me than I expected, based on my experience with the pack in Astro Bot game.

I’ve been loving it. I upgraded the enforcer as much as I can and it’s my favorite to use right now. The pistol also gets really good as it levels up through use and becomes a spread shot.

Exploring the gunplay’s great so far. The hard difficulty’s just right for me. I’ll lose some fights, and my SO can watch and give helpful advice to drop a Mr. Fungi, which I really will forget every time when left to my own panicking devices.

My one disappointment is that bolt sounds no longer sing. I haven’t found an option to turn them up, either. I guess that keeps the door opening to replaying earlier games.

If you are deep into a map is there a fast way to warp back to your ship?

I’ve only seen a purple pad that gets placed on some stages once you’ve completed enough (maybe always the main story quest). I don’t know of a general mechanism to warp back to your ship from anywhere.

Finished the story, working on Platinum trophy in Challenge mode.

upgraded Ryno is a fun Easter Egg gun

Summary

Summons in things from many Sony games

K thanks

I’m playing the remake of the first game and it seems surprisingly dated. Should I stick with it? I imagine it opens up quite a bit?

I didn’t enjoy it. Play a better game instead.

Getting close to the end now. The Lightning Gun and the Glove of Doom are becoming favorites, but my maxxed out Enforcer remains a security blanket. I got a bit frustrated on one of the last Clank puzzle rooms when I had a power sphere disappear on me. I’d see that happen a couple times and didn’t want to start over, so having the “skip puzzle” option from the pause menu is really nice.

The sound effects from the enemies with the lightning gun and the freeze gun always amuse me. The Peacemaker is what I turn to when I realize I’m really low health from trying to level up all the other weapons. But what a variety! I didn’t expect there to end up being more than two selection wheels of guns.

Edited for better link. With the new features (ultrawide support, upscaling, unlocked framerates) this sounds like the definitive version.

Hmmm, nice. I guess if all Sony exclusives really do come to PC, the decision to get a Switch over the PS5 just looks better and better as time moves on.

But if you got a steam deck then your could play all those playstation games on the go.