rave.dj: AI powered song mashups

It would be really fun to have an offline version where you could dial up how aggressive it mixes or changes tempo then! Or like… just a graphical timeline where you click to indicate “this part is cool, do more like this!”

100% agree that more controls would be nice. A few times I wanted a chorus from a song and a couple highlights but the AI chose to make that the “primary” song and the other song got buried.

Alllmost

Paperback Writer + Last Train to Clarksville:

Baby You’re a Rich Man + Put a Little Love in Your Heart:

Barrytown + Tell Me What You See:

Time of the Season + All I’ve Got To Do (the Zombies get drowned out in this one so it’s not very good, but it’s kinda fun to hear their organ under the Beatles):

Dear Prudence + Brain Damage:

These two tracks on the Crow soundtrack sounded good smushed together. Well, not good. Interesting. The Femmes sounded slower than usual and Zach de la Rocha sounded speeded up, like he was killed and a Chipmunk brought him back to perform some bloody revenge.

Man I used to listen to that soundtrack all the time.

I’ve determined that my niche is JPop songs that remind me of English songs.

Pretty Good:

Seems like is should have worked better:

(This is Oliver’s Army and Seesaw Game. Mr Children has huge Elvis Costello vibes, but I tried several song combinations, and the AI can’t figure out how to make it work)

I dunno, they’re both Lady’s:

Oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh oh oh ohoooooo:

Was talking to CL about one of his on Discord and worked out this one:

AI develops fondness for women:

Basically it’s a perv now.

This takes 30 seconds to sync up but it’s pretty cool after that:

@CLWheeljack I listened to an anime song and it reminded me of another song. So I did your thing and mashed them up.

Nice! I dont know much about the whole Hololive ecosystem, but that is one vocaloid-ass song.

I don’t know much more than that, but that’s a person singing, not software. It is probably autotuned to hell thought.

Two songs were rattling around in my head, and I remembered this existed. Maybe a human could mix The Caesars’ Jerk It Out and The Beastie Boys’ (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party) better, but this did okay.

How long does it take for a mashup to be created, usually? I am sitting here for 15 minutes and nothing is happening, in Chrome or Firefox, with Adblocker and without.
edit: nevermind, it worked.

Yeah, it takes a long time to get out of the queue and into the actual mashing up of the files. There is a timer at the bottom that starts at 5% complete but doesn’t really start moving until you’re through the queue.

I thought this mashup of waking up a young man (to acknowledge his dependency on the sweet serum coursing through his veins) and lusting for a sexy boy would be a good mix. Eventually it gets to some good places, but what a rough start.

Haha, I’m glad I didn’t realize what the second song was from the name or thumbnail. That one’s a lot of fun.

Presenting: innocuous pop songs that have been made oddly sinister if you’ve seen the right movie / show.

Which didn’t really work, but it led me to this, which does:

Well, here is Sandstorm and the opening of Blade which is… um…

I hadn’t heard either of those songs before, but they sound great together!