Raven Shield : multiplayer is broken

I am really frustrated with Raven Shield. It’s a fabulous game but the multiplayer code is f…ked. I have been trying for the last two weeks to get multiplay working but with no success.

I have also tried the 1.1 patch and when joining a server my guy can’t move and all I can do is look around. It’s very frustrating. My fix ? Play SOFII Gold online - works perfectly and is a lot of fun.

Hmmmm… I run Raven Shield multiplayer just fine. Sure, there are a few bugs (like the “ready” bug), but I can join games and play for hours at a time without any major headaches.

MP is awesome… don’t know what’s killing your system though.

The Multiplayer interface for RS is very dissapointing. My group played two weekends ago and experienced similar frustrations. The solution… everyone playing has to join the session just as soon as it pops up and click ‘ready’ simulteanously. (dumb dumb DUMB) no joining later or your stuck in observer mode. very touchy, it would often take us 2 or 3 tries to get everyone in (6 of us, the FnF group). Considering the competion I doubt we will ever play it again.

I am compleatly exasperated at the total lack of progress in Multiplay UI in fps games… :roll:

still crazy,
Ron

Tribes had a lovely UI, best I’ve seen in a fps.

No, you don’t. You may be overlooking a setting in the server setup or something, but I’ve never had to do this, and I’ve been playing it pretty much every weekend since it came out.

No, you don’t. You may be overlooking a setting in the server setup or something, but I’ve never had to do this, and I’ve been playing it pretty much every weekend since it came out.[/quote]

Possibly, but Loyd Case was running the server and if He can’t figure it out then us mere mortals don’t have a chance… :?

By now Loyd’s probably solved the issue but this still affirms my condemnation of the MP UI. (Tribes didn’t have bots, since we always play in co-op mode vrs the computer we missed it’s sweetness.)

still crazy,
Ron

That ‘late joining’ has nothing to do with the UI. It has to do with the game.
When I started doing the mp code for BCM, I didn’t allow late joining either. But then I remembered just much I loved my sorry ass and didn’t want it singed any further - so I quickly revised it to support late joining. :D

That ‘late joining’ has nothing to do with the UI. It has to do with the game.
When I started doing the mp code for BCM, I didn’t allow late joining either. But then I remembered just much I loved my sorry ass and didn’t want it singed any further - so I quickly revised it to support late joining. :D[/quote]

LoL :D Good point…

However by late joining I was talking about seconds not minutes. (this did not seem to relate to the equpment buy times setting) Even if you choose to prevent late joining for play/design reasons I would think there would be a short (2-3 minute) garace period for everyone to join to allow for missclicks, geting back from the bathroom, slower systems, alien invasion, etc…