Razer PC motion controller

So, I saw this on Steam this morning. Looks a bit like a Wiimote plus nun-chuck, for $140 US. Comes with a free copy of Portal 2!

Valve is selling controllers and seems to be trying to do something with motion controls on the PC. Wonder if it comes with any TF2 hats…

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Good thing we live in the 1800s where we’re limited to trade within a few kilometres around where we live.

140$ motioncontrol on the pc. Hmm. Wouldn’t it be better to just get a Kinect?
Especially if they throw in some actors to fake excitement… especially the children of the corn.

Not available in Canada either? Or this just an error?

Anyways this makes me happy, because Valve is behind it, and now PC gamers can get in on the motion control action. Even if I don’t use it, I like that its there, and Valve seem to be championing PC gaming.

I’m not sure my connection can handle downloading matter. No worries, since I don’t have a MakerBot anyway.

I pre-ordered this a while back on Amazon. It gets here Monday, I’ll try to remember to come back here and tell you how it goes. For the Qt3 zombies killers, I might play some rounds of Left 4 Dead 2 with you again, to check out the 1-1 swordplay

No, but it does come with ten Portal 2 levels.

I honestly don’t understand the appeal at all. On consoles, at least motion controls might have some draw in that for certain genres they might do a halfway competent job of substituting for mouse controls. But on PC, you already have a mouse.

That’s additional DLC. It does come with a full copy of Portal 2 as well.

Video of it in action at CES 2011

Want there some haptic controller a few years back that Valve supported, that didn’t really take off? That’s where I see this going.

I dunno, man. $140 is an awful lot of Fruity Pebbles.

Thanks for being the guinea pig. I’m interested in knowing if it has the potential for being more precise and fast than a mouse. My guess is that it’s not, but I figure it can’t hurt to ask.