WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

Nicolas Cage / Snowden

Johnny Depp / Alice Through the Looking Glass

Will Ferrell / Zoolander 2

Jesse Eisenberg / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Jared Leto / Suicide Squad

Owen Wilson / Zoolander 2

WORST SCREEN COMBO

Ben Affleck & His BFF (Baddest Foe Forever) Henry Cavill / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Any 2 Egyptian Gods or Mortals / Gods of Egypt

Johnny Depp & His Vomitously Vibrant Costume / Alice Through the Looking Glass

The Entire Cast of Once Respected Actors / Collateral Beauty

Tyler Perry & That Same Old Worn Out Wig / BOO! A Medea Halloween

Ben Stiller and His BFF (Barely Funny Friend) Owen Wilson / Zoolander 2

WORST DIRECTOR

Dinesh D’Souza and Bruce Schooley / Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Roland Emmerich / Independence Day: Resurgence

Tyler Perry / BOO! A Medea Halloween

Alex Proyas / Gods of Egypt

Zack Snyder / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Ben Stiller / Zoolander 2

WORST PREQUEL, REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL

Alice Through the Looking Glass

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice: Dawn of Justice

Fifty Shades of Black

Independence Day: Resurgence

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Zoolander 2

WORST SCREENPLAY

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Dirty Grandpa

Gods of Egypt

Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Independence Day: Resurgence

Suicide Squad

I love that Tyler Perry is there under Worst Actress… lol

Really strong field there in most categories, going to be hard to choose who to award…

Why are Naomi Watts and Shailene Woodely nominated? I don’t think they’re supper-great actors, but it’s not like Divergent: Allegiant gave them much to work with. Everyone stuck in that series got boned.

Gods of Egypt versus Dawn of Justice is a tough one for me.

Wow, that is a strongly weak group of nominees.

I really have to see BvS just so I can decide for myself how terrible it is. Because Gods of Egypt was awful. I mean abysmal.

[Quote]WORST ACTOR

Ben Affleck / Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice[/quote]
Rest of the movie aside, I’ve heard nothing but good things about Affleck’s Batman. But I haven’t seen the movie, so all I can do is shrug.

Independence Day: Resurgence is a truly special specimen of terribleness, far worse than a generic “bad action movie”, so that’s my ‘favorite’ (not having seen the “comedies” or the propaganda piece).

Ouch. Gerard Butler nominated twice for worst actor.

I strongly suspect D’Souza’s propaganda piece deserves every category it’s been nominated in but I certainly don’t intend to subject myself to it so I can’t say for sure. I will say that Batman v Superman was not great, or even good, but it was watchable, something I doubt holds true for most of the rest of these lists.

His teeth clenching was first rate. Seriously, I think maybe Batman v. Superman has received more flak than it deserves because it compares so badly to Marvel’s Civil War.

Yeah. I can honestly say I’d probably WANT to watch some of these other stinkers just so I could try and find some redemptive quality in them somewhere. I mean, I could mute the TMNT movie and just fast-forward until Megan Fox was wearing something slinky, right?

But D’Souza’s thing doesn’t even merit any curiosity.

I don’t even know why D’Souza’s anti-Hillary movie is even nominated. That would be like nominating a random direct-to-streaming horror movie for a Razzie.

I always thought the point of the Razzies was to highlight terrible performances and directing in mainstream theater movies. Anything else is just too easy.

Eh, I don’t think he was particularly bad in God’s of Egypt. Didn’t see the other.

I mean, the movie was TERRIBLE. Just really, really bad. But he wasn’t especially bad in it. The role was just dumb.

That’s right. If it’s anti-liberal it has to be propaganda and despised, and D’Souza’s movie of course deserves to be nominated in every category, it doesn’t matter if it fits or not. Razzie voters don’t even have to bother watching it, they can just vote against it because it’s anti-Saint-Hillary; what more is there to know? In fact, let’s just call it the Worst Movie Of All Time and be done with it. Gods of Egypt would be second, though.

Go Hillary for President 2020 dot com!

Sean Spicer just explained that D’Souza’s movie is the greatest film of all time. PERIOD.

It’s propaganda because it’s propaganda. It’s about the agenda, not the facts. And the man has a long track record of exactly this sort of thing so no, I don’t need to see this particular one in case he’s suddenly seen the light. But I suppose you’re right, it’s conceivable, if unlikely, that it’s expertly made propaganda. Leni Riefenstahl was apparently a tremendous filmmaker, after all.

I agree. The facts don’t matter; it doesn’t matter that it’s 100% accurate, if the person making it has an agenda that’s all that matters, and D’Souza clearly has an agenda. He even says so in the film! What an asshole.

It’s a good thing we liberals don’t have agendas, or have the ability to make movies like his. Oh, wait…

Oh good. You’re already on board with the administration.

I was just agreeing with you.

Hey man, if you want to defend the Trump administration, it’d be good to have you in the P&R forum. It’ll be an uphill slog, and you’ll get lots of pushback, but you’re still welcome there.