RBI Baseball 18 - Developed by the MLB

https://youtu.be/T0v20PvCsA0

I’ll be honest, I’d written off the revived RBI franchise because the past versions simply weren’t very good. MLBAM’s involvement completely changes things – they’ve got the track record with all their other projects that I’m willing to give it another shot.

Case in point on how they’re doing things right: the cover star ;)

About 10-12 people left my office to work there so I’m sure some of them are working on this. Totally not jealous that I didn’t get in before my company threatened to sue people poaching people. ;)

I’ll keep an eye out on this one, but I have my doubts that it will be any good. Would love to be surprised.

I’ve wanted RBI Baseball to be good every year since it was relaunched. I’ve been disappointed every year.

It really shouldn’t be that difficult. I’m not looking for a baseball sim. I want to be able to run all the way around the bases on a bunt a la Bo Jackson.

Yeah, I loved the 80’s game. My favorite team was the Cardinals, with Bob Gibson and his 1.12 ERA dealing from the mound.

I rather like Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings myself and I’m looking forward SMB2 (ETA this year, but don’t yet know exactly when).

Power pros was amesome but I guess that never really gained traction here. I’d love to see them try that again.

I miss the High Heat Baseball series. Specifically, the way it handled the pitcher/batter showdown. You had to take pitches and work the count, or you wouldn’t be able to hit. As the pitcher, you had to mix up your speeds, pitch types, and locations. Super Mega Baseball does this to a certain extent, but it doesn’t have real players. I’ve heard good things about The Show, but I’m not sure if it features this type of gameplay. It sounds like this new RBI Baseball won’t have it.

Tony LaRussa Baseball 2/3 for PC made by SSI’s Stormfront Studios was the best digital baseball. At least when it didn’t crash.