Read all about it: Facts and News edition

Sorry, but because of loss of net neutrality laws use of the internet will require a down-payment of your 401k, and $1 per byte transferred.

But on the upside, Verizon will waive the down-payment fee if you grant them exclusive rights to your DNA for advertising purposes (this of course applies to any children/grandchildren/etc. for eternity).

Or maybe we won’t read about it, since the House just gutted the ethics committee.

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/01/house-republicans-vote-rein-serious-investigation-republicans

The swamp continues to be drained.

2017 is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.

More specifically, they starkly limited the power of the independent Office of Congressional Ethics, which was setup and apparently working as intended outside the control of the “official” House Ethics Committee. No more of that, just the insider controlled Committee in charge now.

As reported in another thread, apparently the GOP gave up on this, after receiving a billion phone calls telling them to stop being jackasses.

Right before the mid-term elections someone needs to publish a list of all the douchenozzles that took part in this secret vote. Remind the electorate: “Hey, remember when your house reps voted to kill off the department that keeps them honest and ethical? Food for thought at the polls next week!”.

Oh don’t worry there will be plenty more nasty stuff to remind voters off in two years’ time.

What’s so nuts is that they are gonna do stuff like repeal the ACA, but not have the repeal kick in until after the mid term elections, which is going to be obviously intended to avoid having to deal with the repercussions of the change, but somehow folks are going to ignore it.

Interesting course syllabus here. The case studies section is very good

Needs to be a GE requirement in the 21st century ;)

Well, I learned something from those case studies. I learned that a fancy name for “back of the envelope calculation” is Fermi Estimation. That sounds so much more authoritative. Thanks, BS class.

One of the notorious fake news publisher dies at a very young age:

I’m sure this will be #39 on the up & coming list of people Hillary & Bill Clinton have had killed.

“My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist,” he told The Washington Post in November.

Good riddance.

While I’m sad when (almost) anyone passes away, at least he won’t be trolling future elections. I saw that he “felt bad” that his stories helped get Trump elected. While he wasn’t the only reason Trump won, wtf did he think was going to happen? He and his friend(s) would just get a good laugh at trolling idiots? Idiots vote, and actions have consequences.

Ultimately, the problem isn’t some douche posting stupid fake shit.
It’s that people who vote are too stupid to recognize obviously fake bullshit.

:)
That was my first thought. I will almost bet money I will see that brought up today in that manner. The guy who brings it up may or may not be joking when he does it.

And may I add, fuck him and everyone like him.

I’m really coming around to your deadly traps philosophy.

Yup. Until/unless that’s corrected, the dimwitted electorate will be putty in the hands of those with the will and resources to manipulate them.