Ready Player One - Spielberg takes on the king of MMOs.

So over the break I finally watched the movie. It’s better than the book but it’s still pretty bad. I can see why fans of the book didn’t like it for some of the changes it made to the challenges but also while it’s definitely loaded with pop culture references it lacks the geek affirmation that the book had of implying that if you remembered and liked this stuff you were cool.

I enjoyed this more than I expected. I’m not sure why the second most profitable corp was evil while the most profitable corp was the good guy except for…Hollywood. But it was a fun romp.

However, the Sixers not being called Fivers bugged the ever living hell out of me.

Just watched this. Was there any significancebto the evil corps logo being close/same to a bit sequence, IOI was shown as 101, 5 decimal. Was this connected to the Fivers/Sixers in any way?

Maybe I’m over thinking this. Hah

I have to assume it was an aesthetic choice for the film, since it was not part of the textual elements of the book.

The wife and I are popping this in tonight for a nice, laid back, fun romp. Escapism on a Saturday night.

Have you seen it before? Either way, you’re heading into it w/ the right attitude to enjoy it. have fun!

Oh yeah, we saw it opening weekend. Loved it.