Real-Time Strategy all purpose discussion thread

It’s great. Tough but great.

I played the original Battlefleet but didn’t think much of it. Ships controlled like bumper cars, and if I had to hear, “TACTICAL COGITATORS ONLINE!” one more time…

Anyone play both and note any improvements the sequel did?

“We have over a million people a month playing Age of Empires games, and the numbers keep going up,” said Adam Isgreen, Age of Empires series creative director.

I’m curious how they came up with that number. It has a decent community, but 1M people a month seems like a stretch.

@tomchick, @Jason_McMaster - AoE3 New World Championships LAN tournament is taking place right now.

The academy never invites us

macaque too strong

For anyone that watched Starcraft 2 online, apparently Geoff Robinson (Incontrol) passed away yesterday.

What the hell? And to sudden illness, too? I’m utterly dumbfounded and unable to process this news right now.

Just learned of this. Just horrible. Rest in peace, Geoff.

It was very sudden whatever happened. I swear I just saw him playing some warhammer the other day, and I’m pretty sure I saw him streaming as recently as Friday, or maybe even yesterday.

He was apparently having issues with an infection about a month ago that he thought had been nailed down. Fair guess it’s somehow connected to that. Awful.

Grey Goo currently $1 on fanatical if you were ever curious about the game.

And it’s a definitive edition. Guess I have no choice.

Damn, that is horrible. RIP.

33 is too young to die. Rest in peace, Geoff.

Damn.

@vyshka pointed this out to me. There is a beta patch of AoM. Why?

The link has all the changes listed. Everything seems to be have been impacted in some way.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/266840/discussions/1/1644295067088216026/

It sounds like this was somewhat driven by Nakamura_rts, and his petition for a patch. I’m not sure how many actual issues that folks were upset about have been addressed. Some early discussion on the age forums suggests that the performance problems still exist.

I am glad they bothered though. It makes me more hopefully about a AoM DE or AoM 2.

With the exception of the atlantians, AoM has some of the most interesting Nations and sides. I wish they had gone with more real world nations instead of atlantians. Like the Incas or Mayans. Or one of the Mesopotamia Nations.

I wouldn’t even say it’s worth that. Incredibly bland.