Real-Time Strategy all purpose discussion thread

So Re-Legion had a big update today and is on sale EVERYWHERE. Can anyone comment on the thing?

Tried out Elite Mod. Seems like the AI is smarter in the game. I’m not sure what all the changes are, besides the new commander and new units.

Lots of tweaks to range, dps, armour piercing, etc etc.

Too much to really understand for myself.

I just thought it looked cool, the new faction especially.

More indepth look at Age of Empires 2 DE

I think people shouldn’t get worked up about the pathfinding until we have a chance to play the beta and can see in a normal game how it is behaving instead of that one clip where Cysion potentially had them set to stand ground (he mentioned that is what happened in a reddit post I think).

I like Spirit of the Law perspective. Unlike many high-level players he understands that for most players this game is singleplayer one and most players wouldn’t even understand this boar luring thing which is apparently extremely important.

For every snobbish hardcore player sneering on queues and not accidently selecting peasants you have a thousand players who just want some strategy gaming.

Also for some reason selected units are still not sorted. Why.

Also prevents the game from being played in 10 years time when the servers have been shut down for 7.

That is definitely something someone should ask Isgreen or Phil Spencer, since they have abandoned pc in the past. The project Celeste people figured out how to get Age of Empires: Online running again though, so I have faith that somehow the community would figure out a way to keep playing it.

Interesting info in the FAQ of the Age of Empires discord:

Q: Is there going to be an Age of Mythology Definitive Edition or Age of Mythology II?
A: We haven’t forgot our Myth fans, though we can’t talk about our future plans for the Myth franchise at this time. Be sure to follow our social channels for information when it becomes available.

That is awesome news! Age of Mythology is probably my favorite game in the series.

Apparently the first wave of AoE2:DE beta invites are on their way to people.

Fingers crossed!

lol, I’m in, but the email says they will send another in 24-36 hours on how to access the beta. I think the discord channel will melt down once people start seeing that.

Can you discuss it though? What does the NDA cover?

Can’t discuss or post any content from the game for now.

Okay. I haven’t received anything.

Not sure if they are trickling out through the rest of the day, or how it is being done. The email address is from ageofempires.com not microsoftstudios.com, so I imagine some people might miss it because the sign up said to look out for the ms address.

Hope you have fun. Usually beta versions aren’t that fun to play but in this case they have a working base game and building on top of it so it shouldn’t be that bad, should it?

Soon we will get to experience it again!

I hope this is on @tomchick 's radar also, it was a fun game back in the day.

I added it to my wishlist. I don’t remember much about this game though.