Really Stupid Math Question

See I knew you were going to say that. Im certainly responsible for the space program failing!!

Just so you know JPL is not NASA. I never worked at NASA. But for someone of your limited intelligence, the explanation would make your midget brain explode.

Yet even with my midget brain intelligence, I can still manage to calculate basic percentages and work Excel. But you’re right, those advanced skills aren’t required for an MBA or anywhere at JPL. Well done.

u mad bro?

Go get a room, you two. Or at least you, Raife, since you clearly veered into topic #1. </threadcop>

D1:D5 cannot be two items:)

*unless you just like a lot of empty lines

LOL - fair enough, although I was thinking of the following:

|…A…|…B…|…C…|…D…|
|…item…|…cost…|…15% off…|…30% off…|
|…game…|…$60…|…[=B:B*.85]…|…[=B:B*.7]…|
|.system…|…$300…|…[=B:B*.85]…|…[=B:B*.7]…|
|…total…|…[=SUM(B2:B3)].|…[=SUM(C2:C3)].|.[=SUM(D2:D3)].|

Heartily disagree (with a hey hey ho! to Mike O’Malley). At my former job I had numerous spreadsheets where the final result would end in .49xxx so that precision up until that point mattered for the final rounding.

The .49xxx ending screwed with legal work sometimes too. I’d send off the final calcs to the requestor who would then round it to .5 in some document of theirs like a PPT. Then someone else would take that and round it in a further document up to the next high integer. In the end, I’d be left explaining why my final calculation of 5.49 is correct and their rounded value of 6 is not. Doesn’t sound like a big deal until the number is calculating “billions of dollars in gross sales” or some such.