This post is a wiki. You can edit it! Please enclose anything that might be considered a spoiler in spoiler tags.
FAQs and Tips
- Land all the time. Especially in the early game.
- Practice flying with inertial dampeners on a LOT. Knowing how to drift will save your life.
- Always use the tac map to know when to run away.
- Missiles can be shot down, do so often.
- Money is made mostly through side missions.
- Solid upgrades are afterburner, tractor beam, generator.
- The tac map will also show you who is attacking whom, use this often especially during escort missions.
- Avoid source missions in the early game, they’re a pain in the ass.
- Don’t be in a rush to get out of the Platypus. You’ll be better off fully upgrading her before getting a new ship rather than switching to a new ship with sub-optimal equipment.
- Snipe mines from a distance if you can.
- If under heavy fire, burn and rotate to show different shields to different enemies.
- Holding “B” cuts the engine but not forward velocity. Good for “strafing”.
- Talk to your powerful enemies to surrender or ask for a cease fire.
- Saves happen at every dock and undock (or Caballeros stop), right before every jump, and wherever you are when you exit to title.
It will say ‘game saved’ in the top right.
- Mock and flip off enemy to make them target you (taunt), to leave a lesser friendly alone.
- To change radio station you must be in context wheel (stations shown at top of screen).
- When helping or hurting police, the stars in the upper left show your status with them. Use blue stars to skip contraband cargo checks.
- Autofollow is working when there are two brackets around an enemy or friendly. You can also initiate it in the tactical screen.
- Spoiler for very early on at the first base: Play pool at the first base, Nachodoches. You get a great weapon much cheaper than its list price.
Launching August 13th on the Epic Games store first and then PS4 and Switch for thirty bucks.
It’s like Wing Commander Privateer, with a bit more flair. And cussing.
Supports mouse+keyboard but @tbaldree recommends a gamepad so that’s what you should do.
Please direct all conversations about the Epic store to the dedicated Epic store thread so it doesn’t clutter up this one.