While the gamepad controls are OK, I will agree with others that holding in the left stick for afterburners when trying to escape pirates is not a great experience. I’m trying to simultaneously evade incoming fire while holding in the same stick. Ick. My only only other problem is targeting being a bit goofy having to hold the left bumper plus D-pad.
Gameplay wise I’m loving it. Very much captures the privateer feel of scraping buy to start to build a better ship (I started on Veteran).
- I’m going to dig out the old Sidewinder FF2 just to try stick + keyboard and see how it works.
- Please remove (or allow to disable) B leaving a landing platform back to space. More than once I’ve ended up in space and blowing extra docking fees because I was trying to skip through transition scenes as I was docking.
- Use of surround channels for weapon effects is fantastic. Really makes you feel like you are in the cockpit.
- How come some purchase options list “trade in” automatically as part of the cost and others don’t? Can’t seem to determine what makes this option show up. Often I just sell the weapon/item ahead of time and then buy the new one.
- If you are in a losing fight, don’t forget to try to surrender or pick the “can’t we just get along”? option. This has saved my butt several times, but doesn’t always work.