Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Scott - How do autosaves even work? I thought it was saving after you hit each zone after each autopilot. Is that not the case?

We need a tips post. So far I have this from the posts here:

1. For targeting there’s the tactical overlay thing you can bring up by using the command menu. It’s at the top (hit Y, move stick up, Y again). It’s super useful and it’s the first thing I do now when an encounter starts.

2. Talk to enemies when losing to get out of combat.

3. Saves happen at every dock and undock (or Caballeros stop), right before every jump, and wherever you are when you exit to title.
    It will say ‘game saved’ in the top right.

4. How do you kill thrust again? Was it holding B?

Would others add their own tips and tricks to this?

I’m not 100% sure, honestly. I know there is an auto save when you leave a station, and there is one when you exit the game. That might be it? Maybe I should start exiting to title and continuing after I wrap up a mission - I sure would appreciate a quick save option, even if it’s something only available at Normal difficulty or something.

Saves at every dock and undock (or Caballeros stop), right before every jump, and wherever you are when you exit to title.
It will say ‘game saved’ in the top right.

This is a good idea, but it’s tough in this kid of setting because tips tend to get buried and lost as more posts happen. We should see if the OP would be willing to update the main post to include the tips - or maybe start a new thread dedicated to them.

@tbaldree (who was typing while I was) - that sounds good, honestly, most of the time. I don’t have any meaningful complaints along the save game system, but I do still pine for a quick-save like F5 or something. That wouldn’t make the game easier (areas that would kill me would still kill me) but it let’s me more quickly get back into the fights that I almost won to try again, and that feels good.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for clarifying this mystery :)

LOVE the game. Just love it and having so much fun! Also, I was so geeked when I got revenge for all my pool losses by actually winning a weapon!

Yes, I would like this as well. Going to third person via the circle menu makes a lot more sense than giving up a precious arrow button since switching views isn’t something someone would normally do constantly/quickly.

I converted the first post to a wiki-- put your FAQs and tips there!

I have had very little time to play, and hope to make amends tonight and over the weekend.

I usually hate mini-games. I don’t think I played more than two hands of Gwent in the entire Witcher series.

I figured I’d grit my teeth and play a round of 8-Ball to get the cheap Tracer gun.
I suck at pool obviously, since I played so many times before winning, that I might as well have just bought the gun, but I finally broke through and won. Now I’m looking forward to playing pool almost as much as blowing up pirates. I will say, I think the pool AI is just too good. The 8-Ball bot-lady was making some pretty sick shots.

Travis is @ <- flagged in that wiki post. Does that mean he’ll get a notification every time someone makes an edit? If so, you should un-tag him maybe. But I don’t know if that’s how wiki posts work in Discourse.

You can rebind it in the gamepad menu.

I don’t think so, but if that happens he can remove his own flag!

He is working on improving the mouse

Saw his post on Reddit. He is really working his ass off still.

Added some tips to the wiki. Apparently y’all need more docking in your lives, based on what I’ve been reading here and elsewhere.

It’s a relief to read this, as it’s what I’ve been actually doing so far.

That’s the way the first Rebel Galaxy worked, at least for me. Better to upgrade all your weapons and such then carry them forward to a new ship than get a better (but weaker) ship and then upgrade it.

That’s usually the case with all space-shootery build types. Same thing in Privateer, same thing in Elite Dangerous. A fully-loaded Class A Sidey or Adder is far more dangerous than, say, an Vulture with nothing but low-level gear.

As far as I’ve seen, mining is by far the biggest money maker early on. It doesn’t take long to make a few hundred thousand in the Texas system from mining and selling any of the resources other than iron (just throw away the iron ore to free up cargo space).

Didn’t know there was another Torchlight in the works, awesome!