Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

I guess as long as I have a mining laser, Ill have to just buy all the same type of gun. Although there is the turret option. How do you enter a turret to manually use it? I could put my mining laser there. I do not see anything about that in the control diagram.

You get to turret by cycling your camera - but also an option appears on the command menu if you have a turret.

Was your pool AI coded in house? Because I think I like it better than my usual pool game.

Maybe Ill try combat. Mining is very profitable, but boring. I think the quality of what you find when you mine goes up with the sector difficulty.

Everything was coded in-house :) the pool was a couple days break for me from other stuff I didn’t want to work on.

Proton or Photon?

I got splatted hard again, I just don’t know what missions that are easy enough for me, my ship gets torn up by missiles, and I just bought an ECM.

It has so far evaded -1- missile.
I just get shredded. I don’t know, I just think I wanted more of Rebel Galaxy.

Yes.

Ploton?

Drum power to shields, afterburner away? What difficulty, again?

I’m asking, because I see a Photon Cannon, but no Proton Cannon. Unless it’s a matter of where I’m buying…

Thank you. It’s so annoying that I can’t look at stuff in a system when I’m looking at the sector map.

Its the middle one, where I can still use the auto aim stuff. I drum most power to shields, a little to engine, nothing to guns as I use ammo stuff.

Shields go pop quick.

By the by, when I bring up the green menu with the circle, the game should really PAUSE…

I think it merely slows and that’s by design.

There’s no Proton. It’s just misspelling or misremembering Photon.

Patience Padawan. Patience.

I do think that the combat have not “clicked” for you yet. Perhaps part of the frustration comes with fighting against the game, as in playing it like some other game?

Flow with the Force.

Getting used to the combat in the starting areas (in the System Map, see that the difficulty is “Normal”) is key to learning I think. Most games gate the difficult areas, but RGO allows freedom, which will lead to many deaths of Padawan learners.

I think that it’s clear that not having a $3k real US Dollars capital ship pre-order option has made it impossible to put together a coherent design.

There isn’t even a news van…

I think I may have given the wrong impression, it’s clearly a great game, it’s just Privateer and not Wing Commander. Like the best rum raisin ice cream in the world, when you really want pistachio.

Since the “side” missions are the entire point, it makes sense that you need to grind them. Otherwise there wouldn’t be anything to do.

This is pretty much how Rebel Galaxy worked too.

I don’t think anyone went into the first game hoping to play a spiritual sequel to the 2D capital ship broadside simulators from their childhood!

I’ll give that a try too. I hadn’t gone that route since their speeds are different.