Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Also if you have no power from firing all your weapons, you’ll have no power to dump to shields.

That’s key right there.

You still need to adjust your aim to hit the target reliably, are you doing so or are you just firing ahead wherever the autofollow points you? Just trying to zero in on where you’re having problems vs most other people.

After dropping off some cargo in Nevada, and doing the story mission there, I think I’m ready to slink back to the Texas system. All the missions outside of there have been too tough for me. The pirate ships out here are way tougher. In Montana, I couldn’t even do a mine clearing mission worth only 5000 credits. There’s some waves of pirates that protect the mines, and I can’t even get past the first wave most of the time, let alone the second wave, let alone actually getting to the mines I have to clear.

I’ll be going back to Texas, thank you very much. It’s the only system in the quadrant with a normal risk. Every other place is High risk or worse.

But thanks to this thread, I know I should probably stop in either Medicine Hat, Missouri or Louisiana on the way back. That’s one of the reasons I came out to Nevada actually. I was looking for Components, and I figure if I can just land everywhere once, I’ll have mapped out which system sells what things.

Going to Nevada in the Platypus or even a partially-upgraded Sonora is a little daunting. Kansas and Missouri aren’t too bad compared to Texas—the pirates are largely driving the same few ships.

Switching from the Sonora (which I still love) to the Sandhawk made a huge difference in my combat survivability. The fourth hardpoint helps, but I think the fact that the Sandhawk is much faster and nimbler helps more.

Back to fps, guys–is there a limit to the framerate? Because I added the exe as a non-Steam game with the -EpicPortal flag, and it always gave me around a maxium of 60. Tested it with other games (including the original RG) and was getting 100-some. I realize that RG came out in 2015, though. Or does Steam’s counter not work with non-Steam games? I’ll try to see what FPS monitor tells me.

Not unless you have VSYNC on. Otherwise it goes as fast as your GPU will take it.
RGO is considerably more graphically ambitious than RG, along a number of axes (Although it’s also considerably more optimized)

I think it was this. But also it seems that I want to hold it rather than tap which I didn’t realize at first.

Never gonna let it go? Gonna hold it in your arms forever?

Dumping to Shields never seems to do anything for me.

I dump to Shields. My shields are still down, only now I also can’t shoot as much or run away.
Then I explode.

Nope, made sure to turn V-sync off at the starting options screen since I’ve got a G-Sync monitor. That’s why I’m kind of mystified. I’ll ltry turning a couple of graphics options down to see if that affects anything.
Also going to check my Nvidia CP settings. Per my understanding it’s OK to turn V-sync on there as long as you leave it off in the game itself. In fact sometimes games act funky if you don’t (looking at you, Watch Dogs 2).

It’s running super smoothly in any case, and I’m enjoying it a lot.

It works perfectly here so it must be on your end. Are you positive you are dumping to shields and not rerouting power to shields? It’s two different things and I have seen a lot of people mixing that up.

Upgraded to a Sandhawk yesterday, put some Autocannons on it and bought a space station after some subtle hints. Money isn’t easy to come by but not grindy either. Missions pay out 10k to 25k so that’s “easy” but of course they are hard to do sometimes. I tried some “bounty” missions and so far I have paid more in repairs then I earned. But it’s a learning experience.

This is a spoiler about the space station. (I forget how to do Discourse spoiler tags)
I hope no one paid full price for it.

The pool is one of my favourite bits! Who needs the cold vaccuum of space when you can just lose all your money from the comfort of the bar?

You might want to take another look at the way horizontal spin is applied to the cue ball though. Right now it seems to add a curve to the cue ball’s trajectory (as if it were a bowling ball) – instead, it should just modify the rebounding angle off a rail or transfer the opposite spin to whatever ball it hits.

That’s hilarious, ain’t it?

To illustrate I am talking about this bind here “Dump Power To Shields”, not the boost through the command menu.

Yea, I laughed so hard at that. And I especially got a great chuckle out of the shot after buying it.

Where she just sits there on a camping chair, all alone on that big space station, drinking alone, with the forlorn robot to the side. That was super hilarious to me for some reason. Probably the animations, LOVED that! So far even the first missions have been neat, so glad I followed spoilers because I am positive I would have probably missed it otherwise.

(Just put spoiler tag around the text, its under the gear when writing post.)

I am a little disappointed that there is no pirate bark of “WHO ARE YOU THAT FLIES SO GOOD ARE YOU INSANE!” when they’re about to blow, because the “Now entering automated landing zone” bark gives me nostalgia chills.

“You’re clear for klicks!”

Which game is that from?

I love the little cutscenes of landing and launching by the way. I do still wish I could line my ship up manually and take it into the docking bay myself, but the landing and launching clips are always really nice.

Also, I love the way the Platypus always lands harshly in different ways when setting down.

So how long is the whiskey distillery going to take to cook up another batch? I need two more to get my bar going…