Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Yeah… it does say EXTREME in red. I never thought to look there. Thanks!
I guess it’s back to hauling commodities around until I can upgrade.

Good deal!

For all my previous requests (I wouldn’t say “complaints”) I’m really digging this game, the gameplay loop of collecting bounties, completing missions, and finding loot to sell has been really fun and engaging so far, despite some early game growing pains, and there are indeed a lot of obvious moments where some real thought was put into making this all work well, which I appreciate and acknowledge.

Great work, @tbaldree and team!

I agree that the game needs more tutorials in the beginning. This is the type of game where I just want to jump in and PLAY. I don’t want to spend time looking at the game settings just to figure out how to throttle up/down my spaceship.

As for using ‘B’ to back out and Launch, I like this feature but I can understand the frustration of accidentally hitting it. Maybe change it to long-press B from anywhere in the space station. Or add a prompt.

I enjoy playing pool. I wouldn’t mind finer controls (ie applying English to the cue ball) but overall it’s a satisfying mini-game. The dice game is boring, IMO. I wish it were more like the dice game from Kingdom Come.

What!? Who doesn’t love Yahtzee! !?!??

You can put spin on the ball. At least on the controller you hold down a button (X?) and can change the aim point.

Didn’t know they had the (no updates since 2015 sadly) Wings of St. Nazaire guy do the cockpits. WoStN was the Unity engine game inspired by Wing Commander that used 2D sprites for ships still.

You need to have BT on your PC (and run some freeware/shareware software to get it to emulate Xinput) or buy the $25 official wireless dongle from Sony.

Or you can just connect the PS4 controller directly into a USB slot using the charge cable that comes with it. That’s what I do, though I don’t use it for most games since I prefer Xbox controllers.

Eh? I didn’t think PS4 controller supported Xinput directly like that? Did that change?

Anyone know what changed/got fixed with today’s 25.5MB patch?

Also anyone with a 1050Ti/1060Ti able to report in what their settings are in 1080p? Asking for a friend.

So there’s a bug in the pool. A sentence that could go many ways, but right now means you can lose the bet for winning a game.

Streamable link
NSFW: one use of a rude word in an English accent

The AI pots my last ball and the cue ball by accident leaving me with just the black.

I pot the black, the voice cue says “Nice!” and then I lose my money and the AI says “better luck next time.”

What?

Very little. crash fix and dice imagery fixed.

This game is fantastically incredibly stunning both visually and mentally :).

I LOL last night as I was blinging out my flying lunchbox and immediately bought me a nice Torchlight Frontiers Forged dashboard buddy. Easter egg for a game in alpha! Nice work Baldree.

Now that’s a great idea.

Thanks Rei, I just googled a bit and now use my old trusty PS3 controller, works better.

Ah! I saw that and wasn’t sure how to use it. I’ll give it a spin (haha?) next time I play.

Apparently me! Give me Farkle!

Well, yeah, Farkle is also very cool!

Scott - How do autosaves even work? I thought it was saving after you hit each zone after each autopilot. Is that not the case?

We need a tips post. So far I have this from the posts here:

1. For targeting there’s the tactical overlay thing you can bring up by using the command menu. It’s at the top (hit Y, move stick up, Y again). It’s super useful and it’s the first thing I do now when an encounter starts.

2. Talk to enemies when losing to get out of combat.

3. Saves happen at every dock and undock (or Caballeros stop), right before every jump, and wherever you are when you exit to title.
    It will say ‘game saved’ in the top right.

4. How do you kill thrust again? Was it holding B?

Would others add their own tips and tricks to this?

I’m not 100% sure, honestly. I know there is an auto save when you leave a station, and there is one when you exit the game. That might be it? Maybe I should start exiting to title and continuing after I wrap up a mission - I sure would appreciate a quick save option, even if it’s something only available at Normal difficulty or something.