Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Yeah i can’t get the 2 free games this week either (Mutant Year Zero and HLD) so it might be a EGS backend issue? I get the same useless error when I tried right now.

FEZ isn’t available until Aug 22nd, this week it’s Mutant Year Zero and Hyperlight Drifter.

Yeah, the error pages are intermittent. The back end just seems flaky.

Hey, BTW, how do I force the pre-game setup screen to appear?

Error, failed to load music track. Dammit.

That takes a lot of clicking away errors. three finger salute: CTRL-ALT-DEL motherfucker!

Verifying…

Buddies are your safety valve. Call up a buddy. (you are)
Targt prioritization is a big deal -
What’s your kit?

MOTHERFUCK. Verified the entire thing, tracks sound OK when played in winamp. Still throwing those errors. Guess I aint playin tonite.

Did you only “verify” or did you try to uninstall/delete the game and then re-download completely? Make sure your saved game is safe in your \documents folder first though, not sure where the save is stored.

Run LauncherEGS.exe instead of RebelGalaxyEGS.exe.

Re-downloading the whole thing again. But that’s takin’ a while. I got cheapo 2mb interpipes.

I don’t really mind if my savegame turns out dead. Just wanna hear Juno complain about the headaches’ she gets from using the jump drive.

Good luck!

Whaaa? I thought you lived in the Netherlands and that everyone there has great internet. I guess I was laboring under a misapprehension.

And thanks, @rei.

Everybody does have great internet here, except my family because we are cheapskates.

Are you using custom music? If it can’t load music tracks for some reason, it logs why in
documents/my games/double damage games/rebelgalaxyoutlaw/ogre.log
Send my way if there’s anything interesting in there.

Also, what version are you on?

**0:14:21: SoundManager::CreateSound could not load sound ‘F:\REBELGALAXYOUTLAW\MUSIC/RADIO/STNG/C-LEB___THE_KETTLE_BLACK-FLAT_BLACK_CADILLAC-140139.OGG’ FMOD Error:An invalid parameter was passed to this function.
20:17:00: ERROR: Music track had 0 length - (F:\REBELGALAXYOUTLAW\MUSIC/RADIO/STNG/C-Leb___the_Kettle_Black-Flat_Black_Cadillac-140139.OGG) **

I’m on the latest and greatest, or should be. I loaded the song in winamp, and it played fine. A few more jiggerbytes and I can give it another go.

So I supplied the mixtape path to my Cowboy Bebop MP3s but I don’t see “mixtape” as an option when cycling through the radio stations via the radial Command Menu?

Can I get the earlier part of the log where it shows your sound device info?

Yes sir, you can:

0:14:17: D3D11 : Direct3D11 Rendering Subsystem created.
20:14:17: Selecting display adapter:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
20:14:20: FMOD Attempting to use Sound Device (Headphone (Realtek High Definition Audio))
20:14:20: FMOD user override to Stereo
20:14:20: FMOD Using Sound Device (Headphone (Realtek High Definition Audio))
20:14:20: FMOD Using Default Speaker Mode (STEREO)

game is version 1.06

Willing to be a guinea pig? Not a lot of arguments passed to FMOD for that, so maybe I can sort it outwith a test build. Msg me with email if so?

Dumb question - but can you manually locate that file if you go to that path (F:\ etc.)?

Did you manually define the F: drive as the installation folder? Mine is installed to c:\program files\epic blah blah blah…?