Rebel Galaxy

No way to reread all the tips - they’re all context sensitive anyway. You can re-view tutorials.
However you CAN reference all the controls from the control remapping area, which will show you hotkeys for anything else.

Thanks all. It was giving me warnings about threat orange or red, but I assumed that was just what a combat encounter meant as the missions were literally the first few. I have now realized that random world encounters can really mess those up.

I now have a bit better shield, a flak cannon, and a yellow stripe painted on my ship. Not sure how flak cannons work, but I can run.

You can just hold down the flak cannon button and any fighters that come in range of the flak will take heavy damage. It’s only useful against fighters. Actually, it will detonate incoming missiles as well.

My fave is HS missile secondaries.

I wound up playing the last half of the game using EMP flak. Being able to disable all fighters was a real nice way to get the job done. The lack of missile knock out was the only downside.

It also took me a few hours to realize that the secondary weapons you had to hold down for continuous fire, not send discrete shots.

1041 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rebel Galaxy: Outlaw

Please use this thread to discuss the original Rebel Galaxy, which is still a pretty recent game and well, awesome.

Free on Epic. @BrianRubin I’m not reading this whole damn thread, can I assume that since Travis Baldree worked on it that it’s great?

It was very enjoyable.

It’s kinda like a sci fi themed naval battle game, as everything is on a 2D plane. But well worth your time if you like blowing ships up.

It’s very enjoyable.

Dammit, man, for a second I thought Outlaw was out and free.

Heh, in German there’s a great saying in response to that:

“Die gebratenen Tauben fliegen einem nicht ins Maul.”

lit. “Roast doves don’t fly into one’s mouth/‘piehole’”. (in other words, life’s not that easy)

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/PersonalCrispArrowworm-max-1mb.gif

C’mon man? Really?

I, for one, am glad that is not the case.

Hay guise Rebel Galaxy is FREE on Epic

@tbaldree when you guys are done with this masterpiece, please finish the miniatures game you made this paint tool for, kthx. :)

You’re a spaceship, Harry!

Damn you for making me laugh at an inopportune time!

Ser Jaime Lannister just showed me I can paint my own spaceship. Mind blown.

Man they really nailed some epic feeling combat switching between broadside guns and the tight zoom on the turrets in original RG. I launched it for a laugh and im getting sucked back in!

Playing this most reminds me of the Aubrey / Maturin books. The sea battles in the days of sail.