Rebel Galaxy

Sorely tempted…

I love the blueprint posters. They remind me of the manual from the original Wing Commander.

me too!

Threed!

Some of my most favorite space games are ones where you control ships (including capital ships) from an isometric view. Games of this type include Homeworld, Star Wolves and Nexus: TJI. Homeworld is well-known, but the sequels flopped, and the other two are pretty unknown. Sad. :(

There are also the Starfleet Command games and a few other Star Trek ones (Starfleet Academy is basically Wing Commander-like, Klingon Academy has proper capital ships, Bridge Commander is again more fighter-like, but heftier than Starfleet Academy, and Legacy seems to be what the Starpoint guys used as a base for their games).

And Starshatter. Oh, how I wish we had an updated, extended version of Starshatter.

Starsh*tter

You can get the fuck out of here. Sir.

I never played the game. I just couldn’t get phrase out of my head once I read the real title. My loss!

Better a Starshatter than a Shatterstar, I always say

@tbaldree, any chance you might hook up with Will Wight at some point in the future and do a Cradle game? I think that would make for a pretty great roguelike/rpg hybrid where you try to ascend the ranks to godlike status and leave Cradle. Plus, I know Will is a big time gamer and would probably love to have a computer game based on his series. Might be a win/win. I’d sure buy it.

It has not yet come up in conversation :) I’m just scrambling to catch up to the current book with narration so I can stay on pace with future releases, while simultaneously shipping a game. :D

I realize now I should’ve shared this with you.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=80935.0

Now go play the game.

Cradle game? I know not of what you speak. What is this?

I narrate Will’s (very awesome) Cradle series of books. You’re just experiencing the bizarre confluence of jobs that is my weirdness.

Cool I’ll have to look into these! Can you link so I make sure I grab the right thing?