Rebellion - Reloaded!

Since the original AVP’s been generating a storm recently, some of you might like to know the countdown to Rebellion’s next hit FPS, Judge Dredd, has begun.

In France, at least…

I still can’t see Judge Dredd as anyone but Sylvester Stallone. Sad really. Good comic.

Truly sad, the movie was horrible, Dredd deserved far better than to be played by Stallone.

And they should have done the story about Judges Death, Fire, Fear and Mortis instead of the one about Rico.

OIH AHM DUH LAHW!

What? The movie was great! You guys don’t know a good movie when you see it. Bet you didn’t like Spider-Man either!

Dredd was a mess. I actually had to go read the comic book adaptation so I could figure out what the ending was supposed to be before they edited it to shreds.

When you watch the film things just start exploding for no reason.

I’ll give them some credit. They tried to use “old school” effects, and managed to put the last nail into the coffin of layered optical SFX.

Uh, Guys. This game isn’t that film, OK? Shame it didn’t live up to the trailer. I’ve never heard the buzz it generated, before or since, in a British cinema. Let’s hope the game can lay that memory to rest.

This game’s about the hardest cop to ever walk the streets, in the meanest city on earth, battling against the most evil villain ever. Unlike the film, it’s produced in-house by Rebellion, owners of the 2000 AD comic book and developers of the original AvP.

Heck, at least it’ll be different. :)

From what you’ve said, and anything I’ve read, how can it be that different than anything else we’ve seen in the past couple of years?

Engine - built from the ground up to deliver an epic environment with frantic fast action. Content - no game world is as large, or is as well conceived, as Mega-City One. Style - it’s unique in the world of comic books, and this is being faithfully reproduced in the game. On all counts the game is different. Better? Only you can decide that.

You wouldn’t happen to be handling PR for the game, would you?

He’s got some kind of stake in it. Just look at his posting history.

–Dave

It’s all he ever talks about on Planetcrap. Well, it, and insulting people who’ve just lost loved ones.

Is it just my imagination, or does Game Dredd’s head look scarily like a peanut?

Engine - built from the ground up to deliver an epic environment with frantic fast action. Content - no game world is as large, or is as well conceived, as Mega-City One. Style - it’s unique in the world of comic books, and this is being faithfully reproduced in the game. On all counts the game is different. Better? Only you can decide that.
So if this turns out to suck - restrain your snarling fanboi hordes, Mr. Shock, 'cause we won’t know either way 'til it ships - will we get a followup in the style of OMM’s classic Trespasser fansite followup (which I can’t find a link for…)?

Also, will there be crates?

Jay Leno! Noooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought it was more on the way to being a California Raisin. Maybe they’re bringing those back?

I only talk about what I’m interested in talking about. That doesn’t mean there’s a hidden agenda. If I did have a stake in Dredd beyond personal interest, I’d declare it. Also, the alleged insult was nothing of the kind, as the post archive clearly shows.

And here I came into this thread, hoping to see someone talking about Star Wars: Rebellion. Nevermind!

• runs away *