Recent air combat sim recommendations?

Well I bit the bullet and bought a lightly used Warhog on ebay for $300. Of course as soon as I did I searched for all the reasons I shouldn’t and read a bunch of posts saying the mini-nub slew stick doesn’t work well. This works great on both CH and 16000 so now I’m a bit concerned, but everything else points to stellar piece of kit. It arrives on Thursday.

The main issue I’m having in DCS is identifying targets in VR. It is hard in a regular monitor and VR resolution really poses an issue. The situational awareness of the “being there” factor does help over a monitor, so I would say it is just a bit harder.

I read somewhere that you could edit labels in a .lua file. I’m thinking if it’s possible to make the label just a red dot with no text that might be a worthwhile helper. Regular labels aren’t so great because they completely obscure the actual target and are much bigger.

Now we are in PC master race hackery territory. Worth it for me though. Every time I jump into this thing I’m blown away at how realistic the flight is.