Recent air combat sim recommendations?

Here,this’ll get you hoppin too then :D

DCS World is updating…

EDIT: And now Tomcat is downloading…

Faster faster porco dio!

Underside of the carrier looking good.

and of course the very moment the thing is done installing, four kids at a time melt down and wife is cooking. FUCK!

Stolen from another forum:

My brain automatically played the Top Gun background music when I saw that screen.

The Fighter Pilot Podcast episode on the F-14 was interesting from a pilot impression standpoint, but alas those guys weren’t as meaty in their info as some of Jello’s guests.

This is me after my first flight in the Tomcat. I have an ego even larger than the plane right now :D

Ohhh, great looking podcast. Might there be a similar podcast about attack aircraft, like the A-10 or the A-1? Those are my faves.

Christ, I had to make the picture big and squirt my eyes to notice this was a computer game, no kidding.

Wait. That’s a GAME?! Holy shit.

+1 like

Awesome! Thanks for the links. Will only be able to fly on the weekend. :(

Its straight out of my oculus’ framebuffer, hence the weird image dimension.

It’s not a game, it’s a simulation.

</comicbookguy>

My current desktop:

Argh, the Turkey’s only in the beta build? I’d switched to the release version because the betas started breaking little things like controller support.

I mean, I can install the beta too, but then the module registration gets wonky if you delete one of them, double the size, etc…

I don’t really see much reason to recommend the release version, given that they so rarely fix anything from the beta version prior to pushing it to the release.

But a simulation that is meant to be played with. A toy then?

Press ctrl-y to get rid of that info bar when making desktop backgrounds.

@Editer use an app called skatezilla launcher to easily switch beta to release. Controller breakage happened once and is not a regular occurrence.

Well guys, how are y’all digging the mighty tomcat? All lost on the highway to the danger zone?