Recent air combat sim recommendations?

Oh man. I should have been available on discord to talk you through it. Or at least I should have warned you. The G2 is to the oculus as MS-DOS is to apple os. You need to get your nerd on to get it working right . But when it works right, it works so right.

Allright. If and when you have time and headspace to get your hands dirty, take a gander at these here threads:

It’s a hassle and almost like work, hacking your setup into a configuration that works consistently. This shit sadly is not plug and play. Nor is that Apache an easy bit of kit lol. But once you got it it going, that rig oughta hum.

On a mildly related tangent fuck youtube and the horse it rode in on. I detest video tutorials or explainers that tell me to hit that like and smash subscribe. Fuck off. Write a webpage like a civilized human being, you morons.

I almost bought a Quest 2 with the looming price increase, but I saw that the PC connection cable was not included and 80 bucks, so I was like, 300 for VR would be cool, but 380 is close enough to 400 etc.

Hopefully there will be some sales/deals this fall.

Any decent usb c cable will work.

This is the one I use when not using airlink:

KRX Link Cable Compatible for Oculus Quest 2 20ft, Fast Charing & PC Data Transfer USB C 3.2 Gen1 Cable for VR Headset and Gaming PC https://a.co/8XLkbnT

So get this guys, I’m gonna stream A-10 Cuba next week, and the developer of Tiny Combat Arena suggested I do it on an emulated Mac. Apparently if you install this emulator:

And then get Mac copies of A-10 Attack and A-10 Cuba, if you install Cuba into Attack’s folder and run Attack, you can get content from both games in one program. It works great!

Thank you sir ! Enjoy your quest. (Pun intended :))

Thanks @schurem. Have abandoned the headset for now, as time is limited and I want to spend more time flying and less time troubleshooting this weekend as I am off to the US on business this week. But when I get back I’ll get back into it.

So, a Kfir and the Kola Peninsula map for DCS. Fantastic. More toys for the sandbox!

Soon, I’ll be fiddling around with the mission editor making Iron Eagle scenarios. Only problem is no F-16 carries enough ordnance to match what Doug dropped over that undisclosed middle eastern country…

And Kola Peninsula means jinking through fjords EF2000 or Janes F-18 style.

Happy days!

I believe it may be possible to replenish stores with a script, allowing ace combat like magazine depths. Sounds like a fun time!

The new Mirage is a fun little jet. I suck in it, even the MiG-19 consistently kills me. It’s hella fast though, so pulling a brave sir robin is always an option. Not at all the jet Falcon 3.0 led me to believe it was!

As a South African I had to pick the Mirage up as well. This was mandatory. Have yet to find the time to fire her up as spending a lot of time in the f-16 atm trying to get her systems into muscle memory. Also the AH-64 is one hell of a beast to learn. When I’m not in my fast mover I’m doing my darndest to get to grips with her.

I need to have my lifespan doubled to master all the modules I now own…. And then we have the F-15E coming, which is another mandatory buy. We need a star citizen like hangar where we can admire our stable of aircraft - because god knows I am struggling to find the time to learn them all. At least I could enjoy the eye candy!

I played the hell out of A10 when I was younger. It was quite fun head to head on a LAN too.

Yeah I played Cuba but never Attack so this should be fun.

Another gem for the collection:

I plan to stream more of these classic sims once I’m done one of my long-play games. Cannot wait.

Nice, I played the fuck outta that.

Yeah I really loved my time with it, so I can’t wait to return to it!

So I went back to Digital Integration’s 1996 masterpiece Hind today, and OMG it’s just the best. The feeling of being in battle, the danger, the little guys running in and out of your chopper, how ALIVE your little world is, it’s just all so god damn amazing.

Probably my last acquisition for a while.

And a worthy one it is. But you need to wrap up DiD’s masterpieces with TAW, if you don’t have it already.

I do already own TAW, just not in the box. While I do love it, EF2000 will always be the king to me.

Okay, the A-10 thread has convinced me: I’m going to pick up DCS and learn to fly this thing and blow stuff up. Maybe even stuff I’m supposed to blow up. Eventually.