Recent old school Indie RPGs

Yes, I played several of them again on Gametap. I played 6 and 7 again last year (those are two of my favorite games of all time. I love them. I also played some Xeen on Gametap. Haven’t tried any of the others, as the UI starts to get really dated. I also recently replayed IWD 1 and 2, and Planescape a couple of years ago. I could start BG2 over again, I suppose. But I remember it pretty well, and somehow that hurts the fun for me with that particular game. But it has some scripting and such, so maybe playing it as a different type of character would help.

Oh, and I never played ToEE very far. I still own it. Same with Arcanum. Those two might be worth reloading and such. The beginning of ToEE bores the hell out of me, though.

I dunno, I started re-playing Disciples 2: Galleans Return last week. That game is pretty cool if you have never tried it, and stinkin cheap on steam.

(I bought it as part of the strategy pack Jagged Alliance 2 + Expansion, and Disciples 2 + Expansion) …7.95.

What a DEAL!

The Desolate Room is what I always recommend first, in case you haven’t seen it before. The beginning is slow, for about five minutes. Then you go into the Space Invaders style dungeon and fight turn based battles of remarkable sophistication with your party against a variety of foes. 10 hours later, you can’t believe the whole damned thing is free unless you want to donate to an Afghan children’s fund. I like to credit my sources, and this guy’s vast wealth of indie game knowledge led me to it.