Recent price increases in the US?

The Venn diagram is more like a single circle with each month that goes by, yeah?

Yes, this is a totally fair summary.

The key is to put dissonance in the echo chamber without being too confrontational.

There’s also a big difference from it being just a coworker or someone on a relatively equal footing of power, and it being leadership and senior management.

It’s weird though, because it’s almost like specially compartmentalized insanity.

For other, non political stuff, there are GOP folks who are normal people… but they are somehow, inexplicably to me, able to have that stuff co-exist in their brains with batshit crazy stuff.

Cognative dissonance is a fascinating and little-understood thing, I think.

The perils of statistics (read the thread):

Eggs back up to over $5 a dozen.

https://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/pybshellegg.pdf

$3.39 for X-Large via Amazon Fresh here in Austin.

I bought egg whites in a carton last weekend (organic brand at BJ’s warehouse, equivalent to 26 eggs) in northern MD for $8 because the per dozen price of actual eggs was about $4.50-$5.

Cheapest eggs in the store last week were Eggland’s Best (which I usually avoid because the store brand is cheaper). For like $5 a dozen.

Dang, I just bought a dozen last week for $1.49, and just checked today and Safeway (which is much more expensive normally than my go to Winco) is showing 2.29.

That pricing delta is crazy.

I got a pack of 36 eggs from Walmart for $12. Best deal I could find.

Eggs have been $6 a dozen for awhile for me (at least 2 years). I always buy the certified humane ones that are more expensive.

Aldi in PA sells a dozen for 4.08. at least as of yesterday. Their Brown Eggs are 4.16, so I’ve made the switch.

Plus, these days I buy egg whites, which seems to be cheaper.

Some people I expect, but you are in the same geographic region as me.

But I checked Safeway (because Winco doesn’t have an app and order pickup system) and yeah not far off like for like.

Crazy those are 2.5x the price of regular eggs.

You guys were aware that egg price increases are not wholly related to any inflation?

Egg price increases Bird Flu related?

Also very handy for the price to rise right during holiday season when everyone is baking pies, cakes, and other egg-related recipes.

Pizza prices remain steady. That’s your pie right there.