Recent price increases in the US?

Whole eggs? I used to eat 3 eggs every day, but my cholesterol level started creeping up as I age. My doc recommended mixing in egg whites. So now it’s three eggs worth of protein, but one egg worth of cholesterol.

Near as I can tell outbreaks in Iowa account for about 1/3rd of total chickens.
We are (were?) also the state with the most egg laying hens (and by a lot, we had 49 million to the 2 and 3 at 35 mil)

Total effected nation-wide is listed at 57 million atm.

The cheapest eggs are at $5 a dozen here.

But also:

For example, the profits of Cal-Maine Foods — the nation’s largest egg producer and an industry bellwether — “increased in lockstep with rising egg prices through every quarter of the year,” Farm Action claimed. The company reported a tenfold increase in profits over the 26-week period ended Nov. 26, for example, Farm Action said.

So we need an egg price gouging… crack down?

:D

I’m still trying to understand how my state is paying more for eggs than states that have less birds.

And by trying to understand, I think I understand perfectly.
I can’t even yell at my relatives that used to own one of the big egg companies because they got out of it years ago.

I fry the 6 eggs in butter too. I do a lot of cardio so my cholesterol is great! We’ll see how long I can keep that up.

I saw Kirkland egg whites are super cheap, I might make a trek to Costco and stock up on those.

So do I, and I got into that “I can eat whatever I want” mindset because of it. Just got blood tests and have high cholesterol (and high HDL, but maybe too high). Just don’t go overboard, like apparently I did.

I got 18 packs of eggs for $5 at market basket today.

We’re gonna make it, guys.

At last, our long national nightmare is over.

But I bought milk, my god what it cost!

Of course nothing can or should be done about this. It’s still a mystery what’s been driving high gas prices, but give Exxon a trophy for somehow earning record profits, I guess.

catch the egg wave

Thanks Obama!

Holding all my egg futures for the rebound! Diamondhands, YOLO, To The Moon and all that. =)

Short the eggs!

Buy the dip!

Onion or salsa?

Spinach artichoke

Trader Joe’s made a nice Romesco for a bit.

Possible photo of @Wallapuctus shopping earlier today: