Recommend a "good" cheap shredder

So I’m finally putting on my tinfoil hat and thinking about getting a paper shredder for the endless credit card applications I get.

Since I’m still skeptical, I don’t want to shell out huge coin. Of course, I know that going dirt cheap for something that craps out after 10 pieces is stupid, too, so I figure I ask here for people who might have some experience.

So, can someone recommend a fairly worthwhile shredder, hopefully for less thatn $50?

Whatever you get, make sure it’s a “confetti” shredder, not strips. Much harder for the black helicopter crew to put back together. 8)

I have a Fellowes W11C and it’ll shred just about anything I put in there (except CDs…don’t put a CD in your paper shredder folks!).

It’s a little more than you wanted to spend ($60), but well worth it IMO. I had a cheap $30 one before (think it was a Shredmaster) and I had to baby that thing as it was always getting jammed, and eventually it stopped working.

Friend,

What you need is a Royal MD100 Shredder. CDs and DVDs don’t stand a chance! And to hell with my Citibank Mastercard!

I recommend Aurora brand cross-cut (aka confetti) shredders. You can get them at Fry’s for $20-30 regular price. Mine stands up very well. I’m ultra-paranoid about my shit getting out, and I shred everything that I gte in the mail or old financial statements after a few years and the like.

Friend,

What you need is a Royal MD100 Shredder. CDs and DVDs don’t stand a chance! And to hell with my Citibank Mastercard![/quote]

I’ve seen those! I might get one some day. For now, nuking a CD for 3 seconds in the microwave does the job. :)

What’s wrong with just torching the place and moving on?

I like my house?

Ann Arbor doesn’t condemn buildings?