Recommend an MP3 player

I didn’t see a (recent) thread on this topic. Can anyone recommend an MP3 player to replace my Sansa Clip Zip? The headphone connection is loose and the sound is cutting out if the player is held wrongly. I want something with physical buttons versus a touch screen, and a clip (or a means of adding a clip) on the back so I can attach it to my shirt. Mostly I will be listening to audiobooks, so the device needs good support for them. I also don’t want to spend more than $50, preferably much less. Thanks.

[edit]

I am leaning toward this, but I’m not sure about the audiobook support. The one reviewer who mentions audiobooks seems like kind of a tech newb.

Wow this is a blast from the past. For exercise I suppose it makes sense.

I hear Zunes are popular for space pirates.

What’s an MP3 player? J/K. I actually have a Sony NWZ A17 which cost a hell of a lot more than $30. It’s great at what it’s good at but smartphone U/I is so much nicer. If I were to buy one again I’d probably get an old, small Sony smartphone and have the best of both worlds

Any advice on a cheap smartphone? Does it need to be “unlocked” first?

Not for $50, sorry. My MP3 player was $300 so at that point looking at smartphones as a substitute becomes feasible! :)

So, I got the Sandisk Clip Jam. It does not remember your place when listening to multiple audiobooks, or when switching back and forth between music, radio, audiobooks, etc. Piece of shit IMO.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford to change cell phone plans right now. In fact, Virgin Mobile does not even advertise the plan I have any more.