Recommend me some badass cinematic music

Try some Juno Reactor.

I like some of Horner’s stuff from Glory.

• Alan

I also quite like Hans Zimmer’s “Roll Tide” theme from Crimson Tide, especially after Segata Sanshiro appropriated it for his theme.

I quite liked it when McCain appropriated it for his concession speech (skip to 10:27). To fully appreciate how awesome this was, here’s a brief refresher on the plot of Crimson Tide:

Two leaders with different philosophies about battle and leadership wage war with each other in this tense military thriller. Capt. Frank Ramsey (Gene_Hackman) is a distinguished veteran near the end of his career, and he leads his men with an iron hand; as he puts it, “We’re here to preserve democracy, not to practice it.” Ramsey is assigned a new second-in-command, Lt. Cmdr. Ron Hunter (Denzel_Washington); Hunter is much younger than Ramsey, Harvard educated, and believes the goal of the military in the nuclear age is to prevent war, not fight it.

Santi-U, from the Macross Plus soundtrack. For about 3 minutes anyway, at which point it transforms into some random j-pop nonsense.

(god, who would have thought YouTube would turn into a semi-legal music sharing service?)

John Murphy - Kaneda’s Death, part 2 off the Sunshine soundtrack.

That sounds like a commercial for whatever Apple’s latest product is.

Henri Mancini

Lux Aeterna, aka, “Oh, THAT song!”

I’ll just throw down all the ones I have, some are hit or miss though

Nightwish
Epica
Within Temptation
Lisa Batiashvili & Georgisches Kammerorchester
Adiemus
Globus
Immediate
E.S. Posthumus
Two Steps From Hell
Clint Mansell
James Dooley

The Clint Mansell Lux Aeterna/Requiem for a Tower thing is covered in the Op.

Yeeeeeeeees!

Let me add some more Basil Poledouris love:

Hymn to Red October

Still, the best ones are from Conan.

Oh, and the BG2 Shadows of Amn theme.

This should have been on the first page! That and his work on Last of the Mohicans just made both movies.

Those two and Ennio Morricone’s The Mission sound track just define epic movie music for me.

Ignoring John Williams that is, but we are all familiar with him.

How about we just link to one of the 3 or 4 other times someone has basically started this exact same thread?

It probably doesn’t count as cinematic, but I just watched Reznor’s new video and it kind of blew my mind.Can’t wait for the whole ep.

Thread rez because I bumped into the OST for The Black Hole today and forgot how damned great it was. One example.

I think it would get filed more under “Interlude between badassery”, but I’ve always loved the Morrowind soundtrack. It really captures that feeling of striding the plains, looking for adventure.

Sorry, can’t link yet, so you’ll have to google.

For me it is all about Two Steps From hell- the people who do movie trailer backgrounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlL_-5VfQJI

Just ran into those guys from a totally different YouTube video; how amazing. They’re perfect.

Also I just re-watched Pirates of the Caribbean the other night and Jesus that’s a good soundtrack.

Prokofiev’s Alexander Nevsky.

80 years ago, and still kicks ass. I think it was used as inspiration for the Sephiroth battle music.