Recommend me some rugged storage containers

Anyone got any favorite storage containers for keeping some stuff in the unfinished crawl space under a house?

I don’t know if I literally need something airtight, but I suspect that would probably be best for keeping moisture at bay. I’m getting ready to move to a new place for probably about a year, and there’s less closet/floor space but I don’t have time to do a proper sort and purge. So right now, throwing a bunch of stuff in bins under the house will be a great solution if I can manage it.

But I want something that I can reasonably trust will protect whatever’s in there: papers, electronics, LEGO, etc.

I use ones similar to this in our crawl
http://www.rubbermaid.com/CategoryDisplay?storeId=30051&urlLangId=&beginIndex=0&urlRequestType=Base&categoryId=16078&top_category=&langId=-1&catalogId=30051

I think we have the 35 gallon, but am not sure.

Pelican cases are awesome, but probably a little hardcore (and pricey) for what you’re looking for.

Yeah I use the Rubbermade totes and actionpacker, but although they would keep out drizzle, I wouldn’t trust them to keep out humidity over time. So maybe something like sealing plastic trash bags inside containers like these.

Yeah the totes in the Wirecutter article sounded the same. I was hoping there was just a more expensive but obvious “oh you really want to protect your stuff?” option, but browsing online I haven’t seen a clear contender for that level.

It’s a tough specification, if you want water/humidityproof, rodentproof, insectproof, moldproof, crushproof, insulated, and UV resistant all in one container, you are probably talking about expensive Pelican cases

or some mil surplus or marine storage (can also be high $/volume).

https://colemans.com/u-s-g-composite-field-storage-container-waterproof

A decade or more ago I bought some “Home Plus” brand containers. Transparent thick plastic, structural ribs, latches at the handles, squarish corners instead of rounded, detachable wheels on the bottom, etc. They are really great. I wouldn’t call them airtight, but the seal is still pretty good. I don’t think they make them anymore however, or I would buy more. (No hits on Google.)

One of those things preppers use to bury guns on their property would probably fit the bill as well, though I suspect they’d be marked up well over other storage solutions with similar specs.