Recommend One Blog

You still have looked at the column at all have you?

Here are a few column titles from that page:

Fallujah I: The Gaza Strip Snap-On Kit-
You wouldn’t think a big powerful country like the US would go out of our way to make our own version of the Gaza Strip…

Torture & Truth-
To understand why torture is so fundamental to CI warfare, you have to remember that in guerrilla wars there are no battles, there are just ambushes

Most Valuable Weapon: the RPG-
If you look at all the real wars going on right now, you come across the same two weapons, over and over: the AK-47 and the RPG-7

The 2003 Claymore Awards: Thank You, God-
So here are my awards for 2003. I guess I have to come up with a name for them, like the Oscar or the Emmy, so we’ll call them the Claymores

You Pussies!-
First you jump around like Alabama cheerleaders for a war in Iraq, then you turn chickenshit once we lose a few soldiers in the occupation…

and so on and so forth. If you would actually look at the column and not be so hellbent on seeing Political leanings in everything, you would see that the blog has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with war. The guy fucking loves war! Sure he might say a critical thing or two about the current administration but not because he’s a leftist or whatever but because he thinks they’re being total assholes and pussies when it comes to war. Either go big or don’t go at all is this guy’s motto. Read this particular entry:

http://www.exile.ru/2003-August-24/war_nerd.html

The guy isn’t against Bush because he started/starting a war, he’s pissed cause we’re going half-assed about it! The blog is a critical/historical look at war and I thought all the Sim/Strategy geeks on the board would like it. Stop reading your prejudices into things before you even look at it.

XXX TUBE

War is a continuation of politics by other means. — Carl Von Clausewitz

Considering the present and trying to look into the future, I suggest that the Clausewitzian Universe is rapidly becoming out of date and can no longer provide us with a proper framework for understanding war. — Martin van Creveld

Christoph Nahr is a big poopy-head. - Squirrel Killer :wink:

Mindhacks is a pretty neat little blog designed around layman-level cognitive neuroscience bits. It also tries to shill for the bloggers’ book of the same title by offering the first hit free. – H.L. Mencken

Steve, Don’t Eat It!