Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed for PC

I left for work this morning after downloading and installing the latest NVIDIA drivers and starting the EGS download for the game. Here’s hoping that there won’t be too much left to do when I get home before I can actually play the damn thing.

my system on 4k/high gets average of 38 FPS. I wonder what it will get with a ti

A 2080 Ti on Ultra gets about 40-50 fps (CPU - 8700K) according to a video benchmark I just watched. On High settings I imagine you can pull in 60fps most of the time, maybe a dip into the high 50’s now and then. There are a lot of graphics options to tweak though, so you could go Ultra and lower things like shadows down, or scale back on AA (not as important at 4K anyway) to tweak your experience. But I imagine even on High and 4K you’ll get crazy better visual and performance than the consoles.

Yeah, this is very similar to GTAV on PC when it launched. The graphic options left a lot of headroom for growth.

But if you want a comparable experience to the current console versions, it’s easily doable.

Obvious solution is two 2080ti , with NVlink. ;)

Why does the desktop Icon tell me to fuck off to the launcher?
Why even the damn thing…

You folks are in for a treat, I reckon. RDR2 was my GOTY for last year and this year.

Take your time, don’t rush it. You can only discover the story once. Interact with your camp members, it really adds to the immersion.

8ae

Spoiler tag to prevent headaches.

Rockstar Launcher irks me in that it has two separate app icons in the taskbar. Like the Twitch desktop app which only just fixed it recently.

To be honest, I’d get this on EPIC before I got it on yet another launcher. At least EPIC I have other games on and it’s already pinned with the rest of the store fronts on my taskbar. But since I already played through this I’ll wait for December to get it on Steam.

For those playing for the first time that went ahead and grabbed it on the Rockst*r launcher day 1, enjoy! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Absolutely take your time, and don’t be discouraged by the earlier chapters. It becomes way less railed not too far in.

It still uses the Rockstar Games Launcher when you start it on Epic’s client.

I got it on Rockstar because of the free version upgrade and the free game. Also, what’s one more launcher at this point?

Agreed that it putting an unusable icon for the game on the desktop is annoying.

That sounds annoying.

No more annoying than all Ubisoft PC games using the Uplay client no matter what store you use.

But, I wouldn’t need to pint the launcher to my taskbar, I’d just let it come up automatically if needed! :)

Suppose there’s always the option of running a cracked executable that bypasses all the store launcher bs.

Surely they will soon have a UWP Steam client for the Windows Store, that you can add the game to, that will then launch Epic Launcher to launch Rockstar Launcher that launches the games launcher.

Alert! Skip past page 3 “What’s the game about?” if you’re playing this game for the first time. They just wrote a giant spoiler page for some reason.

Their ‘in-depth ways’ are a work-in-progress. Currently not a lot there. :)

Visually there is little difference in-between the normal to the most complex mode settings.

I want to see some comparison shots of the different presets!