Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Your hat…

Save early and often, I guess. I don’t think there’s a bank for Arthur’s use.

Speaking of banks, are the others you see in the world also robbable in single-player? Wouldn’t you need to get multiple people involved, thus making it impossible?

You cannot store cash. But I got robbed by like 1600 in St. Denis by the same assholes mentioned above, I was pissed, but couple missions later I was swimming in money anyway. The game really doesn’t focus on the economy aspect.

For real though, I’m sitting on like 8 gold bars because I don’t want to carry that kind of cash. Just like real life!

I’m still mad that I can’t open that stupid padlocked door in Strawberry. It’s like an FPS of yore (can’t remember which-- maybe the first Marathon game by Bungie, but I think it was actually a full 3d game, so it couldn’t be) where the devs just put powerups/upgrades behind an unbreakable window that you couldn’t ever access-- they were just there to tease you.

On another topic, I bought the executioners hood mask from the fence near Rhodes, and yet when I take it off, the only one I have available to put back on again is the standard bandana one. What gives?

I think you have to go to camp and pick it again from there. When you purchase it, it gets added to your general wardrobe but doesn’t replace whatever other mask was designated as default. Just a guess, though.

Maybe that padlocked room is part of planned future content?

So umm where do you live, @divedivedive , asking for a friend who wants to come over and check your security system. ;)

My current nagging issue…

As I roam around, killing and skinning animals among other things, I get notified that I can’t get everything because I don’t have room. Confused, I looked at my inventory… err, satchel… and it didn’t seem full? But apparently 10 is the limit for turkey feathers or something.

How to decide what stuff to get rid of and what to keep? The stuff I’m crafting around the campfire? And do I sell it for cash or is there some way to donate stuff to my gang’s camp? Seemed like there was something about that but when at the camp it was not obvious how that works.

Bottom line, whatever I do with the bulk of the stuff… what is the stuff that I should be keeping for myself?

Without getting into specifics as to ‘why’, you’ll want to keep doing that. You’ll probably figure out when to sell.

Hint: Once you reach Epilogue 1.

You should work on the stachel upgrades, you can increase your carrying capacity to 99 of each item if you make the legend of the east satchel.

For some reason, the masks are on the Horse tab of your inventory. The bandanna is on the Tonics tab.

• Keep everything except valuables like belt buckles, watches, rings, and necklaces. Those you can sell whereever. All inventory limits apply to individual items only. For example, you can only have 5 of each herb, but can carry 5 of all of the different types of herbs at once.
  • Donate valuables to the camp (at the camp treasury outside Dutch’s tent) for money until your camp is fully upgraded.
  • Donate perfect skins to Pearson (in your camp at the cleaver symbol on your minimap) until you have a fully upgraded satchel and as many cosmetic camp upgrades as you want.

I FOUND A MOOSE
I FOUND A MOOSE
AND IT HAD ANTLERS
(now they’re mine)

Yeaaaa!

Hey what kind of horsie do you all like best? Take a pic with you next to it too :)

Missouri Fox Trotter is my favorite. Bought it during chapter 4.

Danng that thing has muscles!

I guess my favorite horse is my Appaloosa that I caught and tamed out in the Mesa east of Emerald Ranch. He’s quite powerful, at level four bonding he’s almost got an entire circle of energy and health. And he looks like a Dalmatian.

Oh! I’m glad to read that there are higher level Appaloosas about in the late game. I desperately want one but haven’t found one with stats that are any good. I’ve got a low level leopard spotted one as a temp horse that I keep around because he looks so cool.

I wonder if this is the same leopard-spotted Appaloosa from a mission, LOL.

Also, I was expecting people to namecheck the wild White Arabian, but once I get my console setup (just moved into a new place), I’ll grab a screen of one of my other horses (not the Appaloosa nor the White Arabian).

Now that you mention it, I may have gotten the Appaloosa from a mission and tamed the American Paint I usually ride. I have a mustang I like a lot too. I love all my horses.