Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Honestly when this first blew up here and I saw @Nightgaunt make his new thread my initial feeling reading the interview was “this is probably just something this guy does, put in 100 hours” but it was just a feeling and for all I knew there really is a big problem and Rockstar needed to put some work into making a better work environment, so I held my tongue. I’m glad it’s not really an actual issue.

It’s OK, @Nightgaunt is halfways off to the Pecos now on his Cesar Chavez horse(or Sushi Jetpack). I love you @Nightgaunt! :)

By the way can we now make it "Sushi Jetpack ™ " That term is cool for “treated like royalty at work”.

Tell Kotaku and Eurogamer to stop the presses!

I snagged this, it was only $9 and I’ll have it by Wednesday. I think I’ll watch them in the order they were released, and I’ll see if my son wants to check them out with me, he’s never seen either and isn’t super into Westerns, but then I wasn’t at his age either until I watched these two specific movies…

And Alain Delon!

Lee Marvin and Robert Ryan, starring Burt. GREAT film. @Jason_Levine -recommended.

Ooh la la!

I forget, do they attack the train in this one?

Unforgiven. One of my favorite movies. Got to see the gun and hat on the WB tour a few weeks ago!

I’m a sucker for Sergio Leone Westerns, particularly this classic:

I shared it out while you was typing! :)

I forget, does the train get attacked?

I just remember them getting off the train in the opening.

I mean the “Bad Guy Train”. The private train?

There’s a train robbery in Fast and Furious (the fourth F&F movie). Does that count?

I’d be curious to hear your take on Assassination of Jesse James.

Here is the movie thread. You can find my take on it near the end of the thread. To be fair, as you’ll see in the thread, perhaps I was not a good person to judge the movie even after watching it. It’s one of the only movies I’ve seen where I didn’t understand what the characters were saying despite them speaking English.

My take is:

The Long Riders is a fantastic film, and deserves classic Western status!

I never saw The Assassination of Jesse James, looked like it might be a bit slow-moving for my taste.

Fine I’ll add another… and this one definitely has some good train action in it :)

This is a largely unknown but great Western “Bottle Action-Mystery” on a train.