Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

This I like a lot.

It also says:

There’s a shopkeeper in the general store whose item list is a multi-page, illustrated catalogue. At a base camp, the game gave me a tip to remind me that if my character ate too much, he would get fat. Too little, and he’d get skinnier, and lose stamina. Detail after detail.

If this is the kind of TLC the world is getting, this will be dominating my life for a while…

This is pretty cool too, for more “Filmic” action:

I tried the new cinematic camera, which switches to widescreen, pulls the camera back and shows the action from more dramatic angles. It ran more smoothly than the cinematic modes in GTA games, which I’ve largely found make the game unplayable. It probably helps that horses move more slowly than cars and that it’s easier to hold a button in RDR2 to keep the horse moving in the right direction.

Another genre defining detail.

After seeing the game’s first trailer, we and others had wondered if the horse’s testicles were animated. I asked, and they told me that the testicles shrink and expand depending on the temperature in the game world. Details, details.

He did start to gush a bit.

Well, so anyway, the articles mention that John Martston is in the camp and that you can talk with him. Anyone know if they got the first game’s voice actor back?

The writer is doing a mini “AMA” in the comments section, and said it “sounds like him”.

No " The Re-Redemptioning"? What in tarnation?

You gotta draw a line somewhere. I could have had The Redemptive Seven, The Red Josey Redemption and The Redemption of Jesse James by the Coward Red Ford, Part Two. But you gotta know when to stop.

Also, McRed & Mrs. Redemption (“I got Rockstar ™ in me! I do!”).

The Quick and the Red

All right, let’s just lay our cards down.

Bring Me the Head of Red Dead Redemption

Paint Your Red Dead Redemption

(Red) Dead (Redemption) Man

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Red Dead Revolver’s Spiritual Successor’s Sequel

Red Dead 2: Beyond Redemption

You guys.

Thanks for the write-up! I’ll holding out for the unannounced PC version, but all the new additions sound amazing. Firing warning shots coupled with the dialog system should provide some hilarious emergent gameplay moments.

This game is coming out next month? I haven’t been paying attention and thought it was a year out. Yay for not paying attention!

2019 for PC!

Maybe!

Damnit, this game looks flipping beautiful. And I LOVE Westerns and loved the last game of the series. I had stomped my foot down about this being console only again.

Help me be strong, QT3. I don’t need another console just to play this.

Dagnabbit.

I think everyone will be surprised if there’s no pc version in a while.

Yeah, I think we’re all expecting a PC version in 2019 or 2020 at the very latest.

Hang in there Skipper!

I have a PS4 and Xbox, so I don’t have to hang in there. But I would like to wait for a sale, just for economic reasons. I’m thinking the first sale should be on Black Friday, and if not, then maybe during the Christmas season. Though if GTA V is any indication, the price won’t go below $30 for five years after release.

Yeah I don’t think a Black Friday sale is terribly likely. I guess anything is possible.

I’d say there’s very little chance of it going on sale at all until Christmas 2019.