Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Hey, what’s the story with the building right next to the General Store in Strawberry? The one with a No Entry sign and a surly dude hanging around, and a big old padlock on the door? I’m gonna wait till late at night, change my outfit, put on the mask and shoot the padlock.

For anyone who’s done that, is that the only way in (if it is even an enterable building–I already know about the General Store dude’s side hustle in the cellar)?

People told me this game was boring and not as fun as GTAV online, people I know. I am glad I saved my money, I’ll wait for sale for 20 bux or something. Definitely don’t want to play a boring game. Saved me money from buying a boring game.

Sounds about right to me.

poker face

If they meant to say that RDRO is not as fun as GTA Online, they may actually have a point, but of course RDRO was just released and it’s in beta. GTAO was pretty much the same way at release.

If your friends are actually referring to single player, well, then I got nothin’.

Yeah, because that would be crazypants.

I keep getting a message about “be on lookout for treasure hunters in the area” when I’m near the blind beggar that is fortune teller, but I have no idea who.what they’re talking about. Can someone give me a hint?

Also help with Jack Hall Gang Map? See blow:

Don’t want an all out spoiler, but I’m confused. I found what I thought to be the location on the map as there’s two finger rock projections that go up alongside a small plateau thing. But the trail on the map makes no sense, as it seems unnecessary, and though I’ve searched that whole area like crazy I can’t find a treasure.

You do follow the trail it shows exactly. There’s some platforming though. If you can’t see the view the map shows with the X on it, you’re not there yet.

Good luck :) GTAV has been out for more than 5 years and people told me its price has never dropped below 30 bux, people I know.

I will assume this is some kind of weird sarcasm beause otherwise brain does not compute

yup, you got me. i’m just waiting for it on PC cuz I gave all my consoles away to relatives and friends… though I might buy an Xbox One X … but I just know it will sit and collect dust after a months or so play of RDR2.

Thanks, I had no idea there was any platforming in this game. I’d actually been there at least 4 times but that gap had me turn around since I didn’t think run then jump was a thing here.

Yeah, that part stumped me for a bit because I wasn’t expecting any platforming either. Thankfully, the next part of that map is pretty easy to find.

So sorry, antoher one. How long do locked areas stay locked? I literally can’t get beyond chapter 2 because I can’t seem to get to Javier Escuella (if he unlocks chapter 3)? I tried to get to that area at nights but got assaulted by a ton of bounty hunters. So I had it kill a bunch to stay alive and now it’s locked,

Are you talking about the south west area of the map?

Blackwater where Javier is being held by bounty hunters. I/We’re wanted Dead or Alive there, and there’s nothing else for me to do on the entire map, no other quests.

I think I (spoiler)

Walked crossed the river somewhat near the mission point and then walked along the coast until I was close before going up the cliffs. Didn’t run into any bounty hunters, and I think once the mission starts they’re suppressed except for what the mission generates itself.

That area will be wanted dead or alive for a long time after you need to go there.

Thanks so much all. I’d tried it like 7 or 8x and was wondering if I was really supposed to be doing that mission or if I was missing something somewhere else somehow. Lost a lot of money in the attempts lol. Did it as suggested and presto.

—————-

Want to hear something funny?

So I came across a prison wagon thing as some prisoners escaped on their own. Cool I think! I’ll take that to the fence who takes stolen wagons. The fence was farrrr away from my location but it’ll be worth it, and all the way I’m wondering what kind of price they give for this as it’s my first one. Get ambushed by a gang on the way and shot up. Going slower still. My horse stopped following and I didn’t notice. Oops. So great relief when I finally get there only to hear, “Bring me something that’s worthwhile!” No money lol. So I’ll detach a horse and sell that. It’s two horsies I haven’t seen yet. But nope - these can’t be disengaged from the wagons like most others. Probably took me a real life hour to bring that junk of junk in hahaha.

Question about horses: are all of them capturable/tameable in the wild? Including the Turkoman?

Must be. It’s one of the challenges.