Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I can’t seem to be able to initiate the side business robbing. Am I doing it right? Go up to main business owner with mask on, pull gun and initiate rob sequence. But for doctor my only choice is to rob the cash register.

If it’s in Valentine I think you can look through the window in the back of the building to unlock the robbery availability. I think other robberies can be unlocked by interacting with some of the random stranger events you run into.

Go to the backdoor, knock on them, afterwards you can force the cashier to open it.

Anyone else come across the cabin far up north with the smoking hole in the roof? Because…

That was one of the most disturbing things I’ve seen in game. Also A meteorite!

There’s a much bigger one not far to the west as well.

Ah cool , I like when Arthur does a notebook drawing of what he finds. :)

It’s one of my favorite little features of the game, how “personal” the in-game map feels. Now I get that this is an illusion, all the little notes and drawings on the map are probably just uncovered, just as the blank spots are, but it effectively feels personal, and that’s just as good.

Is there a general strategy to finding the rock carvings? I found the first one on my own because there seemed to be some curious symbol on the map but I don’t see any more such symbols. How about for the dinosaur bones?

They just seem like random findings sadly. I wish there was a general direction map. Same goes for the dream catchers.

Similar to the points of interest Arthur likes to inspect and document in his journal.

Overall its without a doubt the finest and most detailed video game map I’ve had the pleasure of playing on.

Gosh, I’ve killed a lot of O’Driscolls. Where do they keep coming from? I stumbled upon a ranch up north infested with them. Heck, they even had a machine gun. Wish I could have lugged that thing back to camp afterwards. Then I did a story mission involving a hot air balloon and it was like that scene out of Platoon when Elias is being chased by NVA. By last count I’m at 201 killed.

One thing that occurred to me, that folks who don’t normally play the online component might like to know…

The online component takes place just prior to the start of the main game. As a result, you actually encounter many of the same characters, and i thought folks might like that.

All right, good news/bad news situation here. On the upside, I finally located a bull moose with antlers! I came across him in the north in Ambarino, along the road that passes by The Loft, if you’ve located that tower. On the downside, I (am pretty sure I) sank three rifle shots into its thick head and didn’t drop it, so I don’t know how the heck I’m going to land one.

Do a heart shot, not head. What weapon did you use? You need one of the more powerful and advanced rifles for it. There’s one that starts with a “C”, can’t remember the name though.

Have any poison arrows? One should do it, but you’ll have to follow him around after he runs off.

Carcano.

When you have Pearson make different satchels. Does the expanded space only count for the one that’s equipped, or does each one crafted give you more space permanently no matter which satchel is equipped (not talking about the legendary satchel).

Thanks!

Second one. They stack.

Whoa! Where did you find out about the lower deadeye drain? Time to spend a day in camp making split bullets, LOL!

I’m still, after a bazillion hours, still in Chapter 3, not settled on my default weapons. Right now my dual wielded Schofield revolvers with Deadeye are pretty deadly from fairly close, as I can unload a LOT of lead. I killed the legendary Bison up north by the lake with dual Schofields and Deadeye. One is sliver with engravings with a dark handle, the other is dark with engravings with a pearl handle.

My other go to is usually the bolt action. Decent fire rate (once I learned I had to immediately hit the trigger again after firing to load up another shell) and very good power. I was using the Rolling Rock before that, with more stopping power, but too slow for multiple targets.

The other slot is where I waffle. I have my semi auto shotgun for when I think I need close up knockdown power, otherwise I tend to use the Springfield. Decent scope, decent fire rate, decent power. But nothing special.

Has anyone ever approached someone at their camp and successfully defused the situation? I’m close up neutral re: the morality scale and almost every time I ride up to someone at a campfire, single or two people, they tell me to get lost. I try to defuse but the quickly pull a gun on me. Sometimes I ride away, sometimes I teach them that being rude to strangers who are trying to be nice is a good way to die.

So, I needed a perfect panther skin to finish expanding my saddlebags. Looked up on a tips site where to find them.

Got to that area, nothing. Looked around, almost got snake bit, nothing. Searched and found deer, foxes, etc but no panthers. Set out predator bait and watched. Nothing.

Then I saw a red dot on the map near my horse, near enough I could see her, she ran. I scanned with my binoculars, nothing. Scanning more. Jumped out of nowhere by the panther - dead. No chance.

Reloaded (I save often.) Searched hard, no panther. Saw my horse run from something, went next to a tree to cover my back, scanned hard, didn’t see a thing. Out of nowhere jumped and killed by the panther. Argh.

One more reload. By now I’m convinced there’s only one panther. Same thing, took longer, horse gets skittish, this time I move and scan and suddenly get a glimpse of something. It’s the panther coming at me. I needed a perfect pelt so I aimed my bolt action, hit deadeye, knew I had one shot as he was charging, fired, and he landed on me. I fell back and he was on me but I wasn’t getting the black and white death screen. Then I realized I’d killed him in mid leap, his momentum carried him into and on top of me.

Got out from under him, skinned and got my perfect panther pelt, saved immediately. Now on to the only skin missing for the full set of saddlebags, a raccoon. I’m thinking that will be trivial compared to this one. In fact, this is the only time I’ve been killed getting a skin, including the legendary grizzly.