Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I kid you not, a few hours into chapter 4, I got knocked out near the hotel in Saint Dennis and robbed of $1000.

:|

Arthur has revisited that alley now 3 times since. Hoping to knife the SoaBs that robbed him.

With your own horse nearby, tame or steal another horse to the point where it becomes your temporary horse and you can ride it without it complaining. At that point you can take it wherever with your own horse following, and you’ll have two horses on which to load pelts and carcasses.

Thanks. BTW @divedivedive I tried the dynamite thing on that door, and it didn’t work either. Of course I’d forgotten how to stick the dynamite on the lock so I just dropped it in front of the door. Maybe if I try it the other way it’ll work.

Oh well. I don’t actually remember that door, but I didn’t do much in Strawberry. Except rob people.

Dynamite doesn’t work on any doors I’ve found.

I’m not sure which door you’re talking about, Papageno, but if it’s near the General store there is a moonshine distillery in a secret basement there, which becomes accessible (via robbery) after you peek into the basement window from the outside.

Yeah, I already knew about that one, but I’m surprised there’s no way to get into that small room on the same level as the store, with an obvious padlock.

I keep hearing chatter about Strawberry’s mayor BTW, but so far no mission that involves him.

Hey that reminds me, I heard chatter about weirdness in Emerald Ranch but I never really turned anything up. Anyone found anything interesting there?

I think it was during your initial stream of RDR2 that I mentioned Wiethoff retiring after the first game, this was the article I was referring to:

I’m curious how they got him back.

Ah the days when Polygon produced quality longform content about what goes on behind the scenes in videogames. That’s one of my favorite pieces they’ve ever done. I wish they still did this instead of just being another site that re-prints breathless ad copy for the game companies.

Can’t find a single thing about this. No interviews or anything. So I assume big dollars were involved.

Got the Legend of the East suit last night. 3 of its perks are an additional 10% xp bonus to the 3 different stats. Seems pointless by the time you acquire it.

I really think that they locked out New Austin purely because they ran out of time. The herbs you need to harvest there for challenge 9 are just different versions of sage and currant. I don’t have a single recipe that uses english mace, feverfew, or the poppy plant. Why put those plants and the Mustang in a place where you can’t complete all the challenges as Arthur without using a glitch?

These gambling challenges are getting crazy. Win three hands of blackjack with three hits or more. That sounds like a huge time sink. Is there a way to get the other players at the table to leave? :)

It is a bit of a time sink but remember that with blackjack, you’re only playing against the dealer. The other players really don’t matter.

Well… You really want to sit on the far left. Each round of Blackjack seems to use one newly shuffled deck. If this is really the case you want to see all the cards being played along the way to you to make the most Informed decision possible.

You definitely can game it that way, but in the interest of time I just hit three times every hand even if the odds seemed against me.

This game has Blackjack? That’s cool. The only card game I ran into was early in the game where you play Texas Hold em, which I hate, so I’ve stayed away from any card tables since then.

I hired my son to do that one. $1 per win.

I don’t suppose I can deposit my cash at a bank to keep it safe, right? I’ve got a LOT of cash and the thought of someone stealing it pains me. I did have a couple of goons rob me when I was camped out but I easily chased them as they left shot them and got my money back. What were they thinking leaving me alive or conscious? And I got my money back from the “weird couple.” But it sounds like you could get robbed and not easily get it back.

I believe that RDR2 is secretly a Buddhist indoctrination tool masquerading as a game, and the lesson it teaches is that attachment is misery. Best not to get too attached to your guns, your horse, your money. All things must pass.