Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

It’d be neat if your character made notes and sketched out a map based on directions.

RDR2 is starting to sound like Star Citizen.

Only with cowboys. Terrestrial. And being an actual game.

I’d be happy with Suttree. Think they could do the pumpkin fucker right?

That is awesome!

I have to admit, I’m very tempted to get this at launch so that I can play along with everyone else at Qt3. Especially since everyone seems to be pretty positive about the game in this thread. The last time I did that with a title that wasn’t a niche title was Mass Effect Andromeda. That didn’t turn out great. That thread felt like I was drowning in a sea of negativity, feeling like a freak for enjoying the game.

This has GOTY written all over it. Will it be your GOTY? That’s impossible to say of course, but I think the general sense of gamers really enjoying this and taking about it for years to come in a positive way is very likely.

@Scrax what is that? Is this a game you posted a screenshot for because it also tracks stuff like body heat? What am I missing?

Oh, it’s a survival game named SCUM known for the obnoxious number of stats you can track and impact. Poking fun at RDR for dipping its toe into weight/stamina/body heat management.

SCUM tracks the number of teeth you have (if you have all your teeth knocked out you have to find a way to liquefy food in order to get nutrients), mineral and vitamin composition, stomach and bowel volume, etc.

I love what RDR is doing, but obviously SCUM is a bit too far for the average gamer.

Yes, jeez, you could certainly say that. LOL.

The hell?

You have to poop 'frog.

Yeah, not interested in pooping in-game. Hard pass.

I’m now just waiting for the memes of fake twitter “things that can happen in RDR” images. They’ve only got a short window in which to make me laugh.

“If you wait too long to eat the camp food, your character will get the bubbleguts”

“When your character stubs his toe, you can enter photo mode to see his eyes tearing up, complete with accurate reflections”

I think this one is real. I think they call it “bubbleguts” too.

If you drink downstream from the camp - you’re character will shit his pants real time.

Which will also dry and eventually flake off.

“You can recreate the Blazing Saddles campfire beans scene.”

If you don’t craft and regularly apply bug repellent, gnats will make you flinch and disrupt your vision when sighting long guns.

Well, you made me do it…