Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

For me, I find that Arthur’s voice is a bit incongruous with his supposed age. He sounds like my grandfather who died at 89 and smoke two packs a day. That said, I wouldn’t give up that voice since it was such a big part of who he is, and the performance was generally wonderful.

Yup, the voice acting is freaking stellar in this game. I hope and pray we’ve got some DLC on the way.

That’s kind of a big spoiler seeing how I expected to play the same character through the entire game.

Sorry :( I thought that had been discussed unspoiled earlier.

Well, you’ve already posted before about Arthur’s - well, you know. Where did you expect that to end up?

Retirement to Michigan.

Couple of controls questions for anyone who knows for sure how this is done:

1. What is the precise sequence of inputs on the controller to be able to look behind you, then engage deadeye and shoot dudes following you, or is it even possible? If I engage deadeye before swinging the view around it takes forever and uses up all the deadeye. Is it draw weapon, then click/hold right stick, then aim weapon with L2/trigger then click right stick for deadeye? There’s got to be a way to do this.

2. What are the special horse controls achieved with bonding? I always forget. Are they R1/bumper + what? I think X (on PS4)/A (on XBone) is for skidding, but there are a couple of others that only seem to work sometimes, or I’m not remembering how to do them.

Not in 1899, I’m thinking.

R1 and square is to make your horse rear and square whilst riding allows you to drift or strafe from side to side.

:p :p :p

I wonder if you star a fresh game and concentrate on just blowing through the main story line (ignoring all side quests and events) if they’ll all be available at the end of the game. I think it’d be more fun to do that vs. what I’m doing now. It would feel more “free” and spontaneous/adventurous.

At this point, early in chapter 4 and trying to play as nice and moral a guy as I can, my intent is to start a second run through and play a totally bad guy. Right now I avoid robbing regular people if I can avoid it, try to do the “good” thing when I have the choice, etc. I think it would be interesting to play through a second time and be a totally bad guy.

Of course I may find myself totally drained and not wanting to go through it all again by the end…

Posting a spoiler, best not to click until you’ve beaten the main game:

I’m very pleased to discover you can meet up with all the survivors and several sidequest characters in the epilogue as John. The end credits give you clues about where folks like Pearson, Mary Beth and Tilly ended up. I loved being able to kind of put a bow on the game this way.

Yeah, Rockstar is one of the few studios that realizes that strong, satisfying finish is important for positive overall impression of the game.

Then again, apparently tiny percentage of people actually finish games, so maybe those studios who don’t give a fuck about endings have the right idea… (they don’t)

I’m doing the same thing! Must be the Jeff in us :) I also plan on keeping the camp(s) as miserable as possible.

I saw a video with antagonistic Arthur and jeez some of the lines he can say to people are so savage that it made me want to play it that way too eventhough I never play games as bad guy :)

I checked. On PS4, roughly 20% of people who have ever turned on the game have gotten the trophy for completing the main storyline. That’s actually a pretty good percentage, considering it’s a long game and a bunch of people are still playing it.

I can’t go the bad guy route, it’s just not me. Not even in a video game. Couldn’t do it in KOTOR, couldn’t do it in Alpha Protocol, couldn’t do it in RDR2. The only character I regularly choose the Antagonize option with is Uncle, because seriously that guy deserves all the grief he can get.

Micah. I am irritated when I can’t antagonize him.

I don’t even talk to Micah.