Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Damned Legendary Fox. I find him, head shot him, and he runs away. I follow his tracks to a little pond where it looks like he backtracks and then staying on his track is a challenge as the woods are filled with tracks. I finally found him after starting over and looking forever but even the second shot didn’t keep him down, and he backtracks so much you can’t tell which is the latest track. I’ve given up. I’m going to try again and see if I can get close enough to hit him with a lot of pistol bullets in dead eye.

Yeah, that’s why I use the repeater - 14 shots to the head will usually bring them down.

I tried the repeater, but he still runs away to quickly to get more than one shot on him (as soon as the first shot hits him he bolts.)

So I tried one more time using my maxxed out semi-auto pistols and express ammo, since you can fire an insane number of shots in Deadeye (they fire VERY rapidly) and I put about 7 shots into him before he could move. Dead. Done.

I think the semi-auto shotgun I got pretty early on was my most used weapon until I got the Litchfield. I rarely found anything that could survive five shotgun slugs to the head.

Is it true that Legendary animal pelts are always perfect, no matter how you kill them?

Yes, thank goodness! You can blow them away with the Remington Rocket Launcher and they are still fine.

I know every guide says the Schofields are the best pistols but since trying the semi-auto pistols, maxxed out, I’ve never looked back. They fire SOOO fast, even more than the double actions, that you can take out anyone or anything. I took out the legendary Grizzly with these.

You’re probably right but I think the semiauto pistols are ugly, and you don’t look much like a cowboy wielding a pair of those.

Yeah, but my one is silver with dark engravings and a black ebony handle, and the other is black with silver engravings and a pearl handle. Their downright purty. And pulling them when I get jumped by a rival gang and putting out a super fast flurry of bullets before they can barely get a shot off, even not in Deadeye, makes you feel like a super shootist.

All right, wtf is going on with the Varmint Rifle and the fact that its .22 ammo suddenly disappears entirely from my inventory? Too annoying.

That has happened to me a couple times too. I’ve just stopped stocking up on it, but a little at a time.

Oh wow, I didn’t know the Pinkerton Agency still existed.

The Pinkerton Agency can go pound sand. That’s totally fair use.

Those fuckers killed my horse

Since the Pinkertons didn’t protect their trademark, they kind of lose it. They are never gonna win this case.

The real thing that blew my mind about this was… The Pinkertons still exist??

These guys were basically hired thugs and murderers. My earliest readings about them were in the history of the coal mines in apalachia. They were hired by the mine owners to basically just beat the fuck out of miners and terrorize them so they’d put up with essentially being slaves in a company town.

It’s crazy that such a company still exists today.

All right, I managed to complete the “study every animal” and “skin every animal” achievements and with that, I’m declaring my single player career done. Unless Rockstar decides to release single player DLC, in which case A HA HA HA HA, sorry, I almost made it through that without cracking up.

Total time played: 10 days, 10 hours, 21 minutes.

The gambling challenges are nuts. I made it through the Blackjack one but the next one is winning three Dominoes games in a row.

You can game the system by quitting the game on your turn before you lose. It won’t reset the count of wins that way.

Also, play 1v1 dominoes against folk at your camp. It’s easier than 1vmany.

I can’t make heads or tails of how a dominoes game is scored. I played one game with Tilly and read the hints and everything but wasn’t getting it.