Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Yeah it’s crazy how perfectly articulated even the hand/finger animations are.

I remember watching that youtube video showing how flip flops in GTA V actually flip and flop when the character walks around. Incredible attention to detail, these Rockstar games.

I’ll take my “You were right, Pat” reward now, Scott. :)

How do you know this doesn’t include the Online stuff? Or if it doesn’t, that it won’t still be a mandatory update when the Online stuff comes to XBO?

LOL. Die-Hard!

I was digging for it but can’t find it now of course, a tweet went out last week that the XBO and PS4 sizes were “about the same”, and so the theory is the 105GB size reported earlier was a placeholder. I have a feeling both SKU’s (XBO/PS4) will end up being the same approx size, bundled with the online component (or it will be a mandatory update when it launches, same as GTA V).

In any case, my previous comment about getting the XBO version to save hard drive space or bandwidth stands, and will continue to be what I believe is the case until likely 11 days from now (or earlier if reviews go up early and talk about it).

However, everything I’ve read on performance makes be believe the XBO will be the idea platform to play it on, in terms of graphic fidelity and frame rate. I have a PS4 Pro and I’ll be damned if I’m buying a new system for one game, given the XBO’s exclusives almost entirely leave me uninterested, so here’s to hoping the PS4 Pro version runs and looks great.

Gonna be that guy…

Any PC release news?

:D

Well, with MS buying Obsidian and bringing on us the “death of PC gaming” (please read the former drenched with juicy sarcasm) XBO may be the wave o’ the future, an. :) You won’t have the downtime online that you do with TMobile. PlayStation Network. :)

Unfortunately, the official stance is “no PC version” but everyone is hoping that meant “currently” and not “ever”. Tough call right now. It seems like a no-brainer, given the success of GTA V on Steam, though.

PC gaming is dying…didn’t you hear? Buy a Fallout Shelter.

Thankfully the PSN being up or down doesn’t concern me, I don’t subscribe to it nor do I play anything online. I’m a strict single-player only kind of gamer, unless it’s co-op I suppose, but that’s all PC.

OK, enough stupid play-fighting. Hurry up, 26 October!!!

I want my cowboy on, NOW!

12 more days, not too far out!

I’m hoping the review embargo lifts a few days before that, I’m curious how the entire experience plays out (in a non-spoiler way). Some of the preview stuff I heard on podcasts mentioned the “random encounters” were a little too frequent maybe, so I’m hoping they don’t happen so often as to get annoying and then by half way into the game, start getting repetitive or something.

I’d also love some footage of real people playing a mission or just doing some open world stuff. Nothing major, maybe 15-20 minutes of contiguous footage would be fantastic.

Well, I did some RDRing to prepare for the drop, and you know, that was kinda the case in RDR… And it didn’t really bug me.

I’m pretty sure (it’s been a while since I played RDR - I got it at launch, and didn’t play it a second time, and when I (finally) realized I could have (I’ve considered my PS3 a blu-ray player for so long…) it was last month and I thought maybe I’ll wait for RDR 2 now) when I did play it after a while I just ran past that stuff if I was on a mission to get somewhere (like sell stuff or whatever). I don’t remember it bothering me, either.

I can’t find it on YT, but I am specifically thinking of the Woman in distress ambush.

Yep, for sure.

Whoa, crazy!

I’d love to see a sequel to that game, if that’s what the trailer is implying.