Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

That would make my day if that was an option, but I think like most open world games, this one is going to be hard bottlenecked by the jaguar CPU and so 60 is out of the question on consoles.

I hope RDR 2 has a mini-game that they teach you at the beginning of the game that you don’t end up using until the end of the game. That was so weird and random.

I mean, come on be honest, those of you who played RDR, didn’t you think when they taught you how to herd cattle at the start of the game, that you would be doing that regularly in the game? Instead we never almost never did it again.

Knowing the chaotic game development process, I bet the reason is somewhere along the lines “we originally planned to give the players more opportunities to do that, but it got cut”. i’d love for the actual reason be something like “We wanted to screw with the players’ heads. We wanted them to think they’d be herding cattle regularly, which sets up certain expectations in the players head that we then subverted”.

No. I thought, “Oh, this is ‘doing ranching stuff’ quest thing because the fair lady owns a ranch. After this it’ll be time for some Leone/Peckinpah stuff.”

So, versions. I want extra missions, but I don’t want bonus stuff to make the single player easier. I’m fairly neutral on the mp stuff as I doubt I’ll play much online. And I have no use for GTO online dollars.

So I haven’t purchased a physical copy of a game in about a decade but for whatever reason I feel the need to own a non-digital version this time around. What’s the B&M game store scene like these days? Can I realistically expect to walk into a GameStop or Best Buy and pick up a copy on release day?

Best Buy, probably. Gamestop, very much maybe. Mom and Pop game stores? No way.

Zach Gieg owns the local Just Press Play shops I go to all the time. He’s got professional stores with great service for games from the Pong era through the modern day and they won’t let him sell this game for at least a week after everyone else. It’s bullshit.

GameStop will laugh at you for walking into their store thinking you could actually buy a video game on release day. Then they’ll ask if you want to preorder something.

Figures. If I recall, this was one of the many reasons why I stopped going to GameStop: an overly aggressive store manager almost berating me for not wanting to place a pre-order while his employees shrugged apologetically at me.

If you play by Gamestop’s rules and pre-order or you go in there to buy used games and memorabilia, you’ll be fine shopping there. If you try to buy something on release day without a pre-order, god help you.

Just go to Target or Wal-Mart. I’ve literally never had an issue finding a copy of any AAA game on launch day at those stores. AAA only though. Don’t expect them to carry a niche JRPG or Kickstarter fighting game port, like ever.

This.

If you have a major chain story near you, you’ll have no issues picking up a copy of the standard edition at will any time after Friday, maybe even Thursday evening.

When you download a game from the Xbox store, there is no “installation” process. The game on the CDN’s servers is identical to the installed package on disk. So if a game is 107GB, you need exactly 107GB of free space to download and “install” it.

PS4 has a different process which I’m not deeply familiar with, but that process does require an extra cache along the way during the installation process.

Thanks, Sir.

Awfully convenient that most employees commenting are those who live in countries which have laws around abusive working conditions:

Interesting use of Permadeath with regards to changing the in-game experience with your horse.

Aslo some intersting changes to the animal world and how we interact with it.

The challenge this time was making sure the animals react appropriately in different subtle levels to what you do. So if you’re creeping towards them and they see you, they won’t necessarily run away forever – they may grow curious and cautiously approach, or feel cornered and charge, or they might just go a short distance only to stop allowing you another chance to take a shot. Once you fire your gun though, you’ve given yourself away and the animal will flee.

Wow, Friends of Dean Martinez are on the sound track? I didn’t think anyone knew about that band. I used to see Giant Sand every time they came to NYC and a couple of times Howe Gelb would leave the stage to let the Friends take us on some Wyomizona instrumental journeys. Good stuff!

I spent some time in Arizona and got really familiar with them. It was really great to see Woody Jackson and Bill Elm have mega success with the original .RDR Soundtrack.

This continues to unspool.

In the end, it’s unclear how Rockstar treats its employees outside of the social media testimonials that have been put forward, and the 2006 lawsuit leveled against the company. But the compulsion to react to every story emanating from the gaming industry at a breakneck pace has ensured that all grey areas of such a story are eradicated. This hasn’t been a case of the hivemind believing employees who have emerged from Rockstar with horrific tales to tell; this is a comment seemingly being taken out of context and then used to fuel a barrage of hot take

Cool, this already seems to be a positive effect from this whole thing.

Also, there’s a town called Lincoln in England. I never knew that. I wonder if Abraham Lincoln’s family was originally from that county or in some way related to it?