Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Thanks for the write-up! I’ll holding out for the unannounced PC version, but all the new additions sound amazing. Firing warning shots coupled with the dialog system should provide some hilarious emergent gameplay moments.

This game is coming out next month? I haven’t been paying attention and thought it was a year out. Yay for not paying attention!

2019 for PC!

Maybe!

Damnit, this game looks flipping beautiful. And I LOVE Westerns and loved the last game of the series. I had stomped my foot down about this being console only again.

Help me be strong, QT3. I don’t need another console just to play this.

Dagnabbit.

I think everyone will be surprised if there’s no pc version in a while.

Yeah, I think we’re all expecting a PC version in 2019 or 2020 at the very latest.

Hang in there Skipper!

I have a PS4 and Xbox, so I don’t have to hang in there. But I would like to wait for a sale, just for economic reasons. I’m thinking the first sale should be on Black Friday, and if not, then maybe during the Christmas season. Though if GTA V is any indication, the price won’t go below $30 for five years after release.

Yeah I don’t think a Black Friday sale is terribly likely. I guess anything is possible.

I’d say there’s very little chance of it going on sale at all until Christmas 2019.

I’ll take what I can get. It was on sale for $49.95 at Newegg a month ago, but that discount seems to be gone. It was also on sale for $48 at Amazon before they ended their Prime discount thing.

I’m sure it will be on sale for around the $50 mark somewhere, surely. Around launch even.

https://twitter.com/RedDeadNet/status/1042865021355732993/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1042865021355732993|twgr^373939313b636f6e74726f6c&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231042865021355732993

Or at all…

I agree, there will be one, and GTA V is the right guide to prices, timeframes, etc.

This sounds absolutely terrible. Who the hell likes repairing weapons? I’m concerned they’ve gone for fidelity at the expanse of gameplay.

I do. That’s one vote.

Official gameplay video from August, I didn’t see it linked anywhere:

Depends on how long it takes. For example, working out in San Andreas to lose weight was a chore because you spent minutes on it. But if cleaning the gun only takes a few seconds, it’s a potentially a neat gameplay mechanic, because it rewards people who pays attention to their weapons. Hopefully it’s more like the latter instead of the former.

Gun wackos might like it, I just think it’s annoying busy work.

Wow, the detail in that gameplay video is amazing. Another level of simulation beyond GTA V.

The camp mechanic sounds a bit like State of Decay: bring your camp-mates food and supplies to keep morale up, get to know individuals to unlock their special quests, relocate and rebuild the camps as the original location gets too dangerous.

It is annoying busywork, but it is annoying busywork designed to increase the feeling of being in that world. Having my guns shoot worse when wet means I will be more careful about my surroundings, thus being more engaged, thus having more fun. And maybe they have implemented the repair in a way that will not be annoying.

Today I learned I’m a gun whacko! Woohoo! Second amendment 4 lyfe!