Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Slow down people, fish and hunt more!

Just about to start chapter 3 from what I am seeing.

I must admit I’m surprised that folks have already burned through the single player content already - it’s definitely a game to e savored.

I’m noticing some small details that give suspicion about where the whole thing might be going, though I’m not ready to spoil myself just yet. Mystery is fun, too.

Just riding around is cool.

Yeah. It amuses me to think back on a play session and realize that I progressed the story not one bit yet somehow spent 3 hours doing it.

That actually brings up something I was wondering regarding the single player pacing: I’ve really enjoyed the main story and while done some side quests there’s a lot of stuff I have not yet explored. Is there a point of no return where I lose the ability to go back and do those quests?

I dunno, but I would generally do the white quests before you do all the yellow ones.

Yeah, I think the white quests can be, but aren’t always, time sensitive. The yellow ones never are.

For some of them, but not all. But you’ll definitely know it when you get there.

-Tom

Awe man that chapter 3 fishing. :D

That lake is a great spot for fishing, I had over $40 in fish by the time I called it quits for the day.

Some of them seem to be time of day sensitive? Seems like the “Let’s go rob some Homesteaders” missions come and go.

Relatedly, is it possible to blow off optional quests? Can I go antagonize Javier so I don’t have to see that prompt again?

Yeah, I was actually disappointed to see that I was ending Chapter 2 and moving on to Chapter 3. I’m very much enjoying just free exploring and I’m in no rush on the main story. Though I really like the new camp. ;)

So I killed and butchered a three star alligator. When I got the hide the game popped a message that said something about making a new saddle with it. Since I was running from another gater I didn’t catch it all before it went away.

I checked Pearson, the Trapper and the Stable and I didn’t see where I could craft a saddle with this hide. Does anyone know how to do this? I’m starting to think I misread that message but I’m sure I didn’t.

Thanks!

As far as I know the trapper and the fence are the only ones who offer crafting options with legendary items. And I think the fence only makes trinkets and talismans from these bits.

Hey None thanks. This wasn’t a legendary gater though. It was just a regular but at three stars.

I swear it said something about crafting a saddle. Damn my eyes!

OK, I think @lordkosc was trying to explain this to me a while back, but I didn’t get it through my head. So I’m walking around and find a pack of premium cigarettes, and I think oh cool! Another card for my collection. But I can’t pick it up, because I’m carrying like ten of the things. I guess I figured I could just grab the card but I guess you’ve got to pick up the whole pack and, what’s more, you’ve got to smoke that pack to get the card. So it’s like with baseball cards and chewing gum? Man, I really am going to give Arthur cancer here, huh?

You can only carry 20 cigarettes of each type and if you’re full, you can’t pick up anymore. But you just need to smoke one in order to pick up a new pack.

Yeah, so I need to smoke all 20 packs to get the 20 cards, yes?

You only need to pick up the premium cigarettes to get the card - you don’t have to smoke them. I just drop all of them due to the heath damage.

OK, I think I’m getting it. I already have the cards for the ones I picked up, but since I’m full up I can’t pick up new packs, and therefore can’t get the cards? So every time I come across a pack of premium cigarettes, I just need to make sure I have at least one open slot for smokes?

Oh wow, I had no idea they were even related. I’m pretty sure I’ve picked up some cards just lying around not in packs.