Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

Just go into your satchel and drop the cigarettes you’re holding.

That’s true.
You’ll often find cards lying around on their own.

But every pack of premium cigarettes you pickup, will also give you a card.

Given that my Arthur dies in a gunfight or gets thrown off a cliff by his horse or mauled by a bear at least once a day, I think lung cancer is the least of his worries.

Last night, I finished chapter 2 and decided to put the story on hold for awhile to hunt and fish. I spent 3 hours looking for the white Arabian (and other legendary animals), got nothing (but did see some great scenery, found a couple of secrets and some cool out-of-the-way places.) Sat down this morning for 20 minutes before work and was able to find and break the Arabian and skin the white bison. Took out 4 O’Driscolls who tried to hold me up on a bridge on my way to the trapper for good measure. This game rocks! Has anyone else ridden their horse through a long, dark train tunnel lit only by Arthur’s lantern? Spooky.

My advice is to just take your time and enjoy things. Spend a little time just talking to folks in the camp, aside from missions. There are some interesting things that come up in those conversations, which occur just from greeting folks in camp, or walking near them at times.

The later parts of the game are, in my opinion, more impactful if you’ve taken the time to really settle into the world.

Badger Badger Badger Badger! Fuuuuuuck Badgers.

Is there a way to remove to two horses from your stable at the same time? I want to use one of my stabled horses as a pack horse because of the superior whistle range for horse bonding, but I can only swap them, not take both out.

If there’s ever a game that benefits from a good set of headphones, it’s this one. I’ve got a higher end headset for my PS4, and the ambient sounds are amazing. I am just riding around slowing enjoying the environment.

I still can’t believe I fished for 2 hours yesterday! (internet picture not mine)

Yep!

Arthur in my game chain smokes 3-4 packs minimum. For REALISM.

Also don’t forget how he and his horse dies when riding full speed into a tree in the forest.

Are you using the Legendary Animals Map you were given in game by Hosea .

Also the 2nd person I saved from a snake bite, I met up with again in Rhodes outside the general store, dude thanked me again and gave me the option to pick any 1 thing from the general store on and put it on his tab! I got a full outfit that was like $98 for free! :D

There’s a guy you can run into near Strawberry with his leg caught in a bear trap. If you free him, he’ll turn up in town later and let you buy anything from the general store on his credit too.

Are there any advantages to the special outfits from the Trapper other than how they look?

The snakebite victim I helped save later offered to buy me any weapon I cared to pick out at the Valentine gunsmith shop. Unfortunately, this was pretty early in the game and most of the higher end guns were locked and unavailable for purchase. Still, I got a large calibre Springfield rifle out the deal, which I later used to successfully harvest the legendary buck. Thank you, snakebite victim!

Yeah, but the horse isn’t on it. Nor are the fish (maybe there’s another legendary fish map.)

I already sucked a venom twice from the same guy. Arthur wasn’t amused.

The Trapper makes the saddle. I think you then have to go back to the stables to actually switch it. That’s like the only saddle I’ve made so far.

I believe that if you leave a horse outside, and then walk into the stable, you can saddle up a different horse and the other one will still be outside?

No, when I tried that the other horse disappeared from the world and was back in the stable. I tried riding further away but no dice.

Maybe if I take the saddle off the horse outside and then walk into the stable? Will have to try that next.

Well, there’s one other thing that I know you can do.
Go to the camp, and use the Horse thing THERE.

From there, you can tether one horse, and then use the horse thing to retrieve another horse from your stable. Then you’ll have them both.

Be advised, once you do this, they aren’t in the stable any more, and you can’t access them from it. They’re at the camp (or following you around). If you want to take one to a stable, you need to actually either ride or lead them back to one.

Unrelated note:
I’m now at around 75% through the story, after playing god knows how many hours. I’m actually amazed that there could still be 25% of the story left.

But I have a reluctance to keep pushing forward in the story, mainly just because it’s getting freaking sad.

Like, I don’t want to see stuff get worse. And I’m like 99% sure it’s gonna get worse. AND IT MAKES ME SAD!

I think the only other game that ever created some actual emotional impact on me like this was probably Witcher 3.

It can’t end well, given what we know about how RDR 1 starts, after all.

Ya, I’m pretty sure you’re right… although I don’t recall Arthur actually being mentioned at all in the first RDR, was he?

Thanks, will have to try that.

One thing I dislike about this game, the rest of course being a total lovefest, is the disparate game systems like this.

You have the privately owned stables which are linked to each other, with the camp stable being something completely different.

You sell legendary pelts to the Trapper for cash, but it doesn’t matter - you just have to kill the legendary beasts once to get access to their pelts at the trapper.

You sell perfect pelts to your upgraded camp crafting station.

You sell every other pelt wherever you want.

You get trinkets from the legendary animals from the Fence.

Fishing looks to be equally complicated and confusing with the legendary lures you need.

All of that was very confusing at first, and I wasted hours trying to figure it out riding around to different vendors.

Well, one thing here…
You can sell perfect pelts anywhere. They are worth money. However, they are also what is used to craft stuff, which means that if you give them to Pearce or the trapper, they can create things that need them.

This doesn’t seem so strange to me.

The legendary pelt thing is, I’m sure, just in there to prevent you from being permanently screwed out of nice gear in the event of something word happening while transporting those pelts.