Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I just got to the epilogue, after playing like… a million hours. And the story is still only 79% complete.

A woman faked being hurt then tried to hold me up in my game with 3 other gents. Arthur faked surrender and then applied a double barrel to her face, I was a bit in shock when it was over as the npc model of her laid on the ground with no face.

My spies told me to post this here.

Something, something… horse names? I am too late for the horse name controversy, damn the internet is too fast. I see we are on the punch womens controversy.

I have to post some women slapping gameplay, I guess.

I never know what you are talking about, man. :(

Since I was in the neighborhood last night, I dropped by the unfinished house south of Valentine to see how things were going. The foreman had asked if I could go over to the timber company to pick up some wood for them to finish the house, which I had done, and I was curious if they had finished.

But when I got there, I could see no progress, and the foreman asks me, did you find any of that wood we talked about? And I’m all dude, are you gaslighting me? Have you seen how many guns my horse is carrying? But no, looks like I’m going to make that trip and cough up another $75. Better be worth it.

That’s wild. He never asked me for lumber, but rather when I ran into him later he said they ran out of money and were going to have to abandon the project. I invested like $200 to him and told him I expected to be paid back when they finish the house, which he assured me he would do, and I’ve checked on him a few times (I should again now I hit chapter 4) and he keeps saying things are going well.

Oh my god. Is it just a money pit then? I could totally see Rockstar trolling us, getting us to keep investing money and time into helping these guys build their house and it just never comes together.

Sorry, to clarify, I typed up ALL my interactions (after saving them) - they never once asked me for lumber, or really anything, outside the investment. I just wanted to mention because it sounds like our stories are playing out differently, which I find kind of fascinating.

I saved the guys from the raiders, but then never went back until chapter 6, at which point the house was completed without my assistance.

When I went back by the house the first time, the guy asked for lumber, but I had the option to just give him $100. I opted not to just because that’s still a decent amount of money to me, so I went and bought the lumber for $75. Joke’s on me though, because I guess I have I do it again. Or maybe not, if as Timex notes, it just comes together anyway?

Maybe it depends on when you come to talk to them again. I got hit for $200 because they ran completely out of money, maybe because I wasn’t there to get them lumber (and then more lumber?). Interesting.

I guess I’ll have to go back and check on them, but I’m literally having to make a list of what I’m trying to do because one stranger mission in chapter 4 led me to a location where another stranger wanted something, which led to a THIRD stranger mission, all of which were independent of each other and now I’m doing THREE of them at once.

Also, I may have had to murder a bounty hunter to get the wanted poster he took down, and in the process of my escape … precluded any way to resolve one of those same side missions…

I’m still in chapter two, for what it’s worth.

Yeah, I’m almost positive I was in chapter 3 before I thought to go find out what happened after I saved them. I think you’re doing the lumber stuff is going to be the end of it, same as my giving them a bunch of cash was in chapter 3. Just a hunch. I can look it up in the strategy guide later if you are curious.

Nah, that’s all right. I’m willing to see how it plays out.

Earlier in this thread I recounted how in my game some bandits had killed the father and two sons who were building that house. I was so saddened I wouldn’t get to see the house completed that I avoided the area for a little while. Then, yesterday, I rode by and the father and two sons were back and fighting off bandits again! I quickly joined in and this time we managed to win without taking any causalities.

I’m guessing the whole thing reset so I could experience the money pit aspect? Or maybe this is a whole new father and two sons?

Maybe it’s haunted, and keeps attracting builders to their doom?

“Hey guys, look! Half built house, and there’s nobody here!”

“You fellers oughta steer clear of that place, the last builders was gunned down under mysterious circumstances.”

“So you’re saying it’s available?”

Westworld confirmed

There are a number of encounters like this, where if you don’t get there fast enough and save folks, they aren’t permanently dead. They eventually respawn and you’ll get another chance to save them.

I saw a similar thing with a guy who was killed by a Cougar.

Another weird, similar kind of interaction:
I was traveling along, and I saw some guy on the side of the road trying to get a stone out of his horse’s hoof or something.

I greeted him, at which point he let go of the horse’s hoof, and say, “Hi mister!”

At this point, the horse kicked him in the head and killed him, then ran away.

A few days later, I encountered another guy doing the same thing, but this time I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to distract him. This time, he finished doing his thing, but then the horse got spooked and ran away… but didn’t kick him, since he wasn’t just standing there talking to me.

This time, I chased the horse down, lassoed it, then led it back to the guy. He thanked me, hopped onto it, and rode off. No idea if I’ll ever see him again.

This exact sequence of events happened to me a couple of days ago.

I think I may have mentioned, but I’ve saved the lady whose horse dies and falls on her on three separate occasions. In the same location! That’s some bad luck.