Red Dead Redemption 2 - For a Few Redemptions More

I’m guessing you don’t use the mini-map, because it always shows you your horse.

Playing poker around a table, randomly seated with Uncle and John Marsten. During the second round of poker, after Uncle busted out going all in on round one, Arthur goes, “Why don’t we make it interesting? Loser has to strip and jump into the pond? Oh, that’s right, Marsten can’t swim!”

I laughed.

The Drinking with Lenny-quest is just the best quest EVER! I enjoyed it so much I replayed it right afterwards. No idea how you can ever avoid getting captured though…

You mean at the very end? I didn’t get captured, woke up in a field miles away from Valentine.

Well done! I managed to flee for about 20 meters the first time. Second time I ran into the first possible post… :-).

Sheriff is real nice about it though.

Wasn’t bragging, it actually didn’t occur to me that you could get caught by the cops at the end. I assume you wake up in jail?

Yeah, for me, I failed to climb a fence, and fell in the mud, and woke up in jail with Lenny.

As I understand it, you have to run down the alley w/o running into anything, then successfully turn right and jump over the fence. I failed at that part (hit ‘A’ instead of ‘X’ (XBOne).

Quick question - I don’t know if this is a ‘bug’ or ‘feature’ (or both) - I used the index on the map page to find where the nearest trapper was after taking down the legendary bison up north. Since then, even though I turned it off, every time I go to the map, the index pops up. It’s annoying to have to close it all the time, and the only way I can get the map to go back to ‘normal’ is to completely restart the game (ie, home, quit game, launch). Does anyone know if it’s possible to turn that damn index off and have it stay off until I need it again?

Didn’t see it as bragging, no worries. Truly impressed you somehow managed to run away.

You do indeed wake up in jail, and have to pay a small fine (that Lenny takes care of). Then you get to have a nice conversation with Lenny afterwards.

Yep, this happened to me as well. Someone upthread mentioned it as well, just a bit after the game launched, and my Google fu has failed me. It’s super annoying to have to close it every time I open the map. Probably a bug, would be my guess.

That may have been me that mentioned it. I’ve gotten used to it now. I didn’t know that closing out the game temporarily fixes it, though.

I also managed to complete that mission without getting arrested but was surprised that Lenny escaped the hoosegow because I totally saw him get busted before I ran off shouting “you’ll never take me alive!”

You have to use the minimap for the horses if you travel around with more than one horse, because one is constantly getting left behind. Go play around with 2 or more horses and the stables - it completely removes the other horse from the world.

I haven’t figured a way to actually remove more than one horse from the stable. That’s the issue. Once it’s in the stable it seems to be one horse at a time.

Maybe Rockstar will patch in packmules or wagons we can rent or buy from stables. And warpaint for our horses!

A new thing that started happening is when I use fast travel with two horses - my main horse doesn’t follow me. The secondary does, but the main horse is randomly placed nowhere close and I have to ride out further than I fast traveled to find him sometimes.

So I am just about ready to abandon the second horse for now, despite it being so close to working well enough to be worth it.

I missed something - why the need for the second horse?

If you go out hunting, like wrapping up all the legendary hunts, its nice to be able to pack away two large skins like elk, bear, moose, etc. Especially given the travel times to some of these remote locations and the trapper & base camp.

Ugh. It sounds like way too complex for me. I’ve honestly been just leaving the legendary pelts on the ground when I have actual, perfect pelts on my horse that get priority (ironically). I mean, sure $40-60 extra bucks is great, but I have thousands of dollars and nothing to spend it on. If I fill up my horse (which has yet to happen, but I’m only hunting casually when I am going for something specific, like upgrading Arthur’s camp site) I just run back to camp and unload that stuff. I haven’t felt like I need more horse space, so far. I’m sorry to hear about your frustrations, though.

Actually I started ditching the legendary pelts too, the trapper is just too annoying to get to most of the time. However I started trying to craft all the satchels and that requires perfect pelts, some of which are quite large. Plus I was working on the master hunter achievements so I could unlock the legendary cougar/puma whatever and well… the need for a second horse isn’t all that big now but it would still be nice.

Yeah I am only at the start of Chapter 3, and have all the camp upgrades bought. Money seems a bit too easy to make. Sorta wish I could just buy animal hides to get some of the cosmetic base upgrades, as they are a huge time sink to get.

I saw a guy ride by on a donkey at one point. He disappeared around the bend before made up my mind to donkey-rustle him.